Google+

Monday 28 March 2011

Tefal Actifry...Healthy Low Fat Chips

When I was sent a Tefal Actifry to test Inside the Wendy House I was very excited!  I love real chips but deep frying is not the healthiest method of cooking.  Oven chips are OK, but just not the same.  The Actifry seemed to have the perfect solution to my chippy dilemma.  The Actifry can cook 1kg of chips using just 1 tablespoon of oil!!  Amazing!  This is 100 times less than with traditional deep frying methods.  So not only is this healthier, it's also safer, odour free and more economical.

Tefal Actifry Review

Tefal Actifry Review

We tried out the Actifry by making some home made chips.  Here is our video demonstration.


We were very impressed by the Actifry.  It was really simple to use and delivered on its promise of making tastier healthier chips. The large steam free viewing window allows you to see exactly what's going on during the cooking process. The digital timer and audible warning alarm makes it foolproof to use.  It is easy to clean with the parts being easily removable and dishwasher safe.  It isn't messy or smelly and I felt totally confident leaving it to do its thing (unlike with a deep fat fryer which I'd constantly worry about!)  The only slightly negative point is that it is a bit noisy, but that said, I didn't feel the need to watch over it and so I got on with what I needed to do, while it did it's thing in the kitchen.  No problem.

The Actifry does far more than just cook chips.  We've used it for Quorn nuggets, which are cooked with no added fat and come out crisp and delicious.  We also made sweet potato slices which were gorgeous.  You can use any oil you like in the Actifry to vary the taste and diversify your diet.  You can add herbs and spices too.  The Actifry comes with a recipe booklet with ideas for crispy fried vegetables and sausage cassoulet (which I'm keen to try with Quorn sausages).  It also fries onions and mushrooms...perfect for topping a veggie burger!  I look forward to experimenting with it!

You can purchase the Actifry at good electrical retailers and online at Amazon.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...