Google+

Thursday 3 March 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful...Week 8

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy From the Heart

This week has been a mixed bag of emotions.  From hearing about my old school friend who tragically died to having a wonderful family party for my sister's wedding anniversary, this week has been a real rollercoaster.  I have felt really reflective this week and maybe even more thankful for the small pleasures in life.

1:  Having my children home.  All 5 of the McD brood were together again at the weekend.  Nothing makes me happier than having my children all under one roof even though it's crazy, loud and manic.  The nicest thing was seeing Freddy's bond with his older brother and sister.  They were so worried when Fred was born that he wouldn't know them as they no longer live at home.  Hearing him shout "Joe" as he trotted along behind his big brother was heartwarming.  Watching him cuddle up to Megan and giggle with her was wonderful.  He knows his family!

2:  How I Met Your Mother.  We all watched the episode of HIMYM which guest starred Hurley from Lost as "The Blitz".  We sat together laughing and quoting catchphrases and generally having a fantastic family time. I so appreciate that my kids want to have a laugh with us, their parents.  I'm so glad that we have similar senses of humour and similar tastes in TV and music and that we can enjoy each others' company.  I couldn't bear it if the generation gap had alienated us from them.  Having a close knit family is the singularly most important thing to me.  I love being their mother.

3:  Memories.  Whatever happens, whatever life throws at us, the one thing that can't be taken away from us is our memories.  (OK...not strictly true we could get amnesia, but you know what I mean.)  I've been doing a lot of remembering this week.  Remembering being at school, remembering my friend who was such a character, remembering the good times and reflecting on past friendships.  There are so many people who have made a difference to my life.  I'm thankful for each and everyone of them.
Miss you Pete x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...