Google+

Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Gallery...One Word

Reflection


The story behind one of my favourite photographs of my daughter is one of an accidental photography moment!  We were at Nausicaa, the sea life centre in France.  I tried to take a picture of my daughter as a big fish swam by but made a total hash of it.  But looking at my mistake I saw potential.  With some cropping, I cut out her reflection from the glass of the tank.  The combination of her face with the effect of the fish's skin pattern gives an ethereal, water nymph look.  Not only did I end up with a really unique effect,  I also learned a life lesson...great things can come out of big mistakes.  Never right something off before you've looked for its true potential!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...