Sunday, 16 October 2011

Listography...Top 5 Keyword Searches

I said I wasn't going to do this week's Listography because my top 5 searches leading to my blog aren't very interesting.  Some people have such mind boggling search words that have landed random searchers to their blog such as Kate's  intriguing "peas" and "Chewbacca".  Mine are a little more starightforward...but still deserve to be shared!!  It is a great subject for Listography!

1:  The Notebook / Notebook Quotes
This is a bit of a controversial subject. My daughter had posted on her blog Not Met Megan, a lovely picture from her favourite film "The Notebook" with a Noah & Allie love quote written across it.  It received 2000 hits from the USA in a week.  I honestly did not mean to steal her thunder when I put her picture on a post that I wrote about her...but I did!  Sorry Meg.  'The Notebook' has become the most searched for phrase to land you on my blog. Anyone expecting Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were sorely disappointed to find me saying I was looking forward to watching chick flicks with my gorgeous girl when she was home from uni.   Her blogpost was by far superior and deserves every hit that I stole from the American's searching for Noah Callhoun. *hangs head in shame*

2:  Horsemanning
Yes I jumped on the photo-taking bandwagon and took piccies of my girls horsemanning!  It is a popular craze and people search for examples of it.  I hope I didn't disappoint!


3: Japanese Snow Monkeys
When an early post of mine scored pageview over pageview I was a tad confused.  I soon realised it wasn't because the world loved my Christmas Ponderings post, but because my image was taking the top spot in Google searches for Japanese Snow Monkeys.  Life lesson learned!!

4: Graco Symbio
As the winner of the 2010 Graco Ambassador competition, I have posted  loads of videos, photos and reviews on the Graco Symbio pushchair.  Searching for Graco products might make you arrive at my blog...sorry you can't buy one here!!

5:  Jungle Junction 
One review post has generated lots of traffic from Playhouse Disney fans looking for Zooter, Elefan and Bungo.  The video I made on YouTube has had over 6000 hits too...clearly a popular subject!

Jump across to Kate's Listography for more Search Words that are far more interesting than mine!!


  1. haha what a great listography mine is pretty boring on the al time stat page, however have ust looked through the month again pretty boring but when you look at day and week they get funnier might do my list from them ones ;)

  2. Nothing wrong with a bit of rule bending for a good post!!

  3. Now I will be showing the world just how out of touch I am by admitting I'd never heard of horsemanning! I love the photo (yes I admit it, I am now going to Google the term to see more!)

  4. Fussy Eater's Mum16 October 2011 at 23:57

    Those aren't boring at all! I've never heard of horsemanning either, but then again I live in the middle of nowhere....

  5. I have never heard of horsemanning. I think it looks fab!

    Sorry if I offended you earlier with my post.

    Mich x

  6. Oh no Mich!!! You didn't offend me at all...just a bit of lively debate on a thought provoking post! :) xxx

  7. Hadn't heard of horsemanning either. Off to check it out now!

  8. Glad to hear that. I don't often provoke debate, no idea what came over me!

  9. Have never heard of horse manning *goes off to google it* lol x

  10. HORSEMANNING! Hilarious! That picture is a hoot! I've heard of the planking and owling fads, but not Horsemanning. Can't wait to show my kids. Thanks!

  11. ghostwritermummy17 October 2011 at 16:31

    OMG horsemanning looks like lots of fun!! Never heard of it before though!

  12. Now I want to know what you said Mich!

  13. Well horsemanning is clearly the winner here! Perhaps you should do a linky - it could be HUGE :)

  14. Go and read my Halloween post then Kate x

  15. Just a bit of healthy Halloween banter! I still love Mich!! xxx

  16. I've never even heard of horsemanning (must be behind the times!) but that picture's great, very funny!

  17. I too have not heard of horsemanning, but its a great photograph..I had to read the post about the snow monkeys I've never heard of them either! Thanks for stopping by my blog too, really appreciate it :)
    theanamumdiary @gidders1



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...