Google+

Thursday 17 February 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful...week 7

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


Thursday has come around again...I can't believe we are more than halfway through February already.  Time is flying by, which makes it even more important to pause for breath to think of the things that have raised a smile this week.

1:  Valentine's Day
It's no secret that I adore my husband, so him taking the day off to send with me was just wonderful.  However, once the girls return from school  the concept of a romantic meal for two went right out the window....but we enjoyed our celebrations just the same. We did a Valentine's family meal...check out my lentil and root veg stew with herby heart shaped cobbler!

Followed by Mr Kipling Fondest Fancies, Love Hearts and Thornton's chocolate...I didn't get time to bake this year...but we did buy a Tiramisu, which is one of my favourites and was very yummy!

We gave the kids pressies and generally had a fun filled evening together.  A good excuse to do something a bit different and take a break from our ordinary daily routine.

2:  My friend has an immaculate home and constantly refurbishes various rooms to keep up with her demands for the latest decor, fixtures and fittings.  Tonight she gave us a black metal double bed frame, two pine sets of  drawers and two brand new lamps following a spur of the moment decision to get her daughter a fully fitted bedroom.  The arrival of this lovely furniture prompted us to re-do Kizzy's room.  She is over the moon to have a double bed!  We'd never have thought of it...so we are very grateful to my very fancy and generous friend :)

3: Tonight I had a chat to my wonderful nephew Tom.  He is away as University studying to be a Social Worker.  He started his time at uni partying hard...and I mean really hard!!  Things like lectures were not on his agenda at all.  Consequently he failed his exams but has learned a really important life lesson in the process.  He is now buckling down, revising, writing essays, volunteering in a Beat Bullying program and attending all his lectures.  He is coming down to visit us this week which is wonderful.  His current stable diet is 3 packets of 7p chicken noodles per day (all monies blown on hard partying at the beginning of his university adventure!) So I will be making him some healthy food and sending him back to campus with a bag full of groceries.  I love being an auntie and a Godmother to my eldest sister's boy.  He is really special to me and I'm very proud of him.  Our relationship never fails to make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...