Google+

Friday, 18 February 2011

Flashback Friday...Sisterly Love x


Cafe Bebe has given us all a chance to check back over our photo archives and share a picture from the past.  I love this idea.  There is something about old photographs that is so wonderful.  Not only do they capture a moment in time from our past, they have also had to physically survive the test of time unlike modern digital photography.  Their frailty makes them all the more precious.  We are lucky enough to have quite a few old photos that my Nan had kept over the years.  When she died we salvaged her pictures and scanned them all onto our PC's to preserve them for a whole new generation to enjoy.

This photo is over 40 years old.  It shows myself (the little one) with my big sister Paula a.k.a.QWERTY Mum.  Who would have thought that all these years later we'd be blogging sisters and I'd be posting our baby pics online!!

I love this photo.  We have always been close and I love my sister's face as she hugs me in this picture.  So cute and loving :)

This next photo was taken a few years later and is a rare shot of my family together.  I am the little show off in the red hat and my big sister has her protective hands around my shoulders. Looking at these old photos you can see the relationship between me and Paula.  She was my idol, my protector and my friend.  She still is...I love you Paula xxx

16 comments:

  1. How lovely. I have got to get all my old photos scanned in, I must do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smile:)
    I don't think I've ever seen that family picture before. Wasn't mum gorgeous and doesn't dad look scarily like cousins Simon/David? Three little sweeties we were though!
    Was that nan's house?
    Love you too little sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! How lovely! I never knew we had blogging sisters in our midst! Thanks so much for taking part! What a wonderful trip back in time. Come back next week for more! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you and Paula are a total class act all the way Wendy! Love you both! And love the fact that you so clearly love each other so much.

    Have a great weekend.

    Trish
    x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey stop the train.........!!!!

    When you said your sister was Tesco-ing it toooo I didn't realise you meant REAL sister. I thought you meant BLOGGING sister....... Oh My God!!!!!

    And going to bed last night that comment echoed in my head and I thought "I wonder if they're real sisters" and the cynical demon won and said "nnnaaaahhhh"!

    WOW!

    But hey, who is the 3rd girl who doesn't get a mention?

    Liska xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful memories come flooding back to me when I look at the pic above of my three daughters and my husband because sadly we lost Carol, our eldest daughter. But all the memories are still there and can not be erased.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo's! I'm really loving looking through everyones retro photo's. And wasnt your Mum glamourous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely!! Wonderful photos, they really do show your relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liska...my eldest sister Carol was the other little girl. She was amazing, funny, larger than life and we adored her. She died in 1995. I think it made mine and Paula's relationship even stronger, because we appreciate each other so much more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ITWH,
    I am so sorry to hear that, but am glad you have each other and fond memories of her.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Both Carol and my FIL are surely looking down on us all.
    Hugs,
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your facial expression in the bottom picture, you looked like you were loving every minute of having that camera pointed at you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful family flashback photos. Everyone looks very happy :) Never knew Qwerty mum and you were related!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's another set of sister bloggers.
    Read this:
    http://wouldliketobeayummymummy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sisters-and-dads-x.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only just seen this Wendy - it's fab! Love it so much and the relationship and strong bond between you and Paula is so lovely to see.
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only just seen this Wendy - it's fab! Love it so much and the relationship and strong bond between you and Paula is so lovely to see.
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely. I have got to get all my old photos scanned in, I must do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...