Google+

Monday, 6 June 2011

Mumentum...My Journey to Being Slimmer

It's been just a week since I hooked up with Liska and the other #Mumentum girls.  I'm already 5 lbs lighter, more positive and my attitude to food has changed.

I've restarted my Thinking Slimmer Slimpods, listening to the 10 minute recordings at bedtime every night.  It has really helped me.  I am listening to the yet to be released "Lose Two Jean Sizes" slimpod, along with the "Chocoholic Cure".  They help by reprogramming the unconscious part of your mind to see food as a fuel that is there to be burned.  It makes you aware of the feeling of fullness and makes you open to change habits of a lifetime.  It encourages you to do 'anything more than nothing' to achieve your goal everyday and visualise the person you want to be.  The person you CAN be!

It really is incredible that after just a few days I am no longer craving treats or binging.  It's easy to say no to food or just have a little taste of things and then stop.  I genuinely don't feel like I'm being deprived of the things I used to want, because the desire for them has gone.

So far so good!!  But I do believe that the support of you #Mumentum ladies is really instrumental in the effectiveness of my ability to allow myself to succeed this time.  I feel that I'm not alone, that other people care and are rooting for me, like I'm rooting for them!  Motivational chats on Twitter and comments on blog posts have raised my spirits immensely and I'm so grateful for the support and friendships that are developing online.  Everyone has different motives for their weightloss or fitness goals.  Everyone is taking a different approach...but we all want the same thing.  To get back the control and be as healthy as we can be for our families.

I'll be thrilled to meet up with some of our group at Cybermummy.  And I really hope that we get the opportunity to attend an event together as the #Mumentum Ladies!  We could get T-Shirts and everything!!  Poster girls for fabulous Mummies working on reducing their tummies together!

Liska's group is snowballing as other people on Twitter see the hashtag and realise what a great group it is.  I'm so glad that I joined in and proud to play a part in it!  This is exactly what social media should be about...enabling like-minded people to link up and connect.

My one concern is that my lack of exercise will eventually call a halt to my weightloss.  I've done all kinds of things in the past. Yoga, pilates, holistic toning and going to the gym.  In every one of these attempts I've put my back out.  I couldn't walk for 3 days following one Pilates class!  I was diagnosed with scoliosis after the birth of baby number 3.  I had a year of restricted movement and pain following Ella's birth.  There is definitely something amiss in my spine.  Instead I will try to walk the school run more often and do activities with the family that gets my blood pumping. Fingers crossed it will be enough.

I start week 2 with a positive outlook and I can really see where I want to be.  Using Cybermummy as the first marker enables me to set a date for my first target.  I'm not entering into any mass hysteria regarding the Cybermummy event as some people have suggested to other people's attempts to lose weight etc.  But it is an event that is punctuating my year and therefore provides an opportunity to lose a bit of weight and is a focus for my efforts.  Feeling like I'm doing well is a huge confidence boost.  There is no harm in that whatsoever!!

16 comments:

  1. Confidence and self awareness are so important in losing weight and you have both - well done! Onwards and upwards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I went on an emotional rollercoaster while reading this post. You know I agree about Cybermummy being a good excuse for a milestone target date.

    I am so so so so proud of you, and you are one of the first friends I made in Mum Blogdom. :-) So glad we are on this journey together albeit you are a lot further along than me, but I will get in gear

    I'm so happy for you and your 5 lbs :-)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. jessies_online6 June 2011 at 12:51

    Well done Wendy, 5lbs is amazing. I just wish I'd lost that much this week too.
    I agree that the support from the Mumentum ladies is such a boost and doesn't make me feel like I'm doing this alone.
    And as for an event to get the Mumentum ladies together how about a calendar photoshoot!! Now that would be something to aim for!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your first weeks weight loss...5LBs is amazing! i like the sound of the slimpod thingy...sounds fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5lbs is a great start..well done you!! I was only looking at an advert for those slimpod things yesterday. they sound great...can't wait to read more next week. Its fantastic having you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A HotPants Mumentum calendar perhaps :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. jessies_online6 June 2011 at 15:37

    I'm glad you added that you're joking.....can you imagine!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. So impressed Wendy. I think you are off to a flying start! Love the way you are so focused on the goal and the real reason why - looking good at Cybermummy is not the point really! anyhow really impressed and so glad you are taking part. Nazima

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 5lbs is brilliant Wendy...that's a bag of potatoes!

    The slim pod sounds fab, I have also been doing some visualisation I think it really helps, I agree too that it is good to have small goals to aim towards.

    Having the support from the Mumentum ladies is really helping isn't it like you I am so glad I joined.

    I hope you have a great week and I look forward to catching up with you on twitter to find out how you are getting along. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weight loss is very evident and you are looking really good. I am so proud of the fact that you have perservered and, although there must be days when the craving for a bar of chocolate becomes evident, I do believe that you are now at a stage when you can resist the temptation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Multiple Mummy7 June 2011 at 17:14

    Wow, you are doing amazingly in one week! I need that chocolate tape...that is my biggest falldown, I just can't say no! Keep going at this rate and there will be nothing of you at CyberMummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo hoo! 5lbs is epic, loving your work! I am glad that you have had a good week and that the group is supporting you when you need it to. I really wanted to try the slimpod thing but my husband might divorce me if I spend any more £ on weight loss 'tools'. Hypnosis really worked for me during labour so I think I would respond well to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5lbs? Go Wendy! Thats amazing! Keep up the good work- you are putting me to shame, I have just written my post and unfortunately it is not quite so successful! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mummyandthebeastie8 June 2011 at 17:27

    Wow you have done so well! fab news. It's lovely you are so positive about the group, it's quite exciting isn't it? and I would LOVE for us all to be invited somewhere as a group.

    The hypnosis sounds good. Although a while back I got an app for my phone with hypnosis for losing weight and it was relaxing but the bloke sounded just like Tony (scottish mad man from Corrie) and it drove me up the wall 'you will not crave greasy, fatty foods!' That was me done then, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha...if the voice doesn't work for you it's a non-starter!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...