Google+

Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Gallery...Something I Am Proud Of.

This week Tara's prompt is "Something I am proud of."  My immediate (and somewhat predictable) thoughts go to my five children who fill me with utter pride everyday.  However, there is another aspect of my life that has made me the person who I am today, and for that I feel very proud.  That is my marriage.

Ian and I met at secondary school and dated when we were 15, but like most teen relationships, it didn't last.  We never lost touch though and Ian was always there for me, even at the most destructive times in my life.  When we finally decided to make another go of our relationship when we were in our early twenties, a lot of people were sceptical of my motives. They thought I was using Ian who had never stopped loving me.  They questioned why after all these years I would want to get back together with Ian.  For us it was simple...the time was right.

We got married in 1997 and I'm sure there were a lot of our 'friends' who thought it would never last and that I'd break Ian's heart. Well, it's been fifteen years now and I still adore my husband with every fibre of my being!  We're bringing up five amazing children together and loving every moment of our family.  We've come a long way and have worked through the tough times to create the best life that we can.  I am so proud of "us".

Our wedding day in 1997.
In the words of Shania Twain's " You're the One":

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong.

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night.


Self Portrait Oct 2011



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...