Google+

Thursday, 10 November 2011

A Daughter is a Little Girl who Grows Up to be Your Best Friend!

My Megan, my second born child, my first daughter and my best friend, is 20 years old today.  My little girl is all grown up and on a path towards the rest of her life, forging her own way in the big, wide world.  Her exciting journey is just beginning and I watch with amazement and anticipation as she makes the decisions that will dictate who she will become, what she will be and where she will go.


Being Megan's mum has not been without its challenges,  she'd be the first to admit that her strong personality  was difficult for her to manage as a young child, when her emotional intelligence struggled to keep up with her over active brain!  My explosive little girl did however become a dream teenager, open, honest and trustworthy with a maturity beyond her years.  Seeing the young woman who she has now become fills me with so much love and pride it's unbelievable.

Tenacious even as a newborn.
My daughter is beautiful, incredibly intelligent, driven to the point of being a perfectionist, she is loving, empathetic and hilariously funny.  She is also clumsy (so many A & E visits), sometimes argumentative (although she never goes to bed without resolving a disagreement) and opinionated (although most of her points are usually valid).  She is a strong young woman with a real zest for life.   She brings colour to our lives.  When she is away there is a Megan shaped hole!

Yellow Submarine Tap Dancer
At the moment she is applying for Graduate positions for next September when she graduates from the University of Manchester a year earlier than her peers, having studied Business, Marketing and Management. She will take the business world by storm...any company that rejects her doesn't know what they are missing out on!

Visiting a South African Township in Vukani
Over the years Megan has become my 'Mini-Me' and we have such a great time when she visits home.  I know that next year she will be entering the grown-up world of work, getting a house and making a fabulous life for herself, wherever the opportunities take her.  But me and her dad will be there, supporting her and sharing in every moment of her new life, proud as punch and full of love for our remarkable daughter!

Me & Meg
With Dad and Freddy

We all love you Megan.  Happy Birthday my sweetheart!  xxx


#NaBloPoMo Day 10

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Wendy. I hope my boys turn out to be good friends with each other and with me and their dad when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, firstly you don't look old enough to have a 20 year old! But secondly, I soooo related to this post. My daughter is only about to turn 14 but I still really felt what you were saying. I love that my daughter's personality is clearly forming now, and I love that she and I can have great conversations even though she is becoming a Teenager (eek!), and hopefully we will always stay close friends.

    I also love that photo of your daughter as a baby--what a perfect photo to show all the qualities you describe in your daughter! She looks so determined, even as a baby. Well done mum, it sounds like you've done a great job. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post about a wonderful woman. Happy birthday to your daughter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sat here with tears in my eyes, what a beautiful post Wendy. Happy Birthday Megan :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan is indeed a remarkable young lady and I know, without a doubt, she will go a long way in the business world and will be very successful in everything she does. That was a lovely post and I am sure Megan will be very thrilled when she reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and Happy Birthday to her, she looks so much like you! can identify with some of her personality traits in my nearly 8 year old so hope she does as well as your daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you so much mum- this post made me smile so much :D you're the best! And wow, what an attractive yellow submarine pic (: I'll call you later for a chat xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post and what a beautiful young lady she is. Hope she has a fab birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not surprised to read that you have a fabulous, kind, beautiful, wonderful daughter Wendy, not one bit, as my mother says 'the apple never drops far from the tree'

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaahhh - what a lovely, lovely post! Happy Birthday Megan!!! If you are looking for a job in media/marketing send me your CV, it's what I do and I know lots of people (but London based?!) not sure if that is what you want??!

    S.A.M xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the happy birthday (:
    And that would be brilliant as I am looking for work anywhere really. It would be great to send you my CV- very appreciated!! I can send via mum?
    Thanks a lot S.A.M xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...