Google+

Sunday 4 December 2011

I Got My Hair Done!

 Following the successful launch of Emma Willis as the new Face of Regis, which I covered on my blog,  Regis Salons organised a visit for me to their Telford branch so I could experience their service for myself.

I am not a 'me-time' person.  I get my hair cut twice a year where the hairdresser chops my split ends off.  it's a practical affair without any pleasure at all.  So going to Regis was something completely new to me.

I was met by Style Director Sarah for a consultation.  We discussed the level of commitment and maintenance I was after.  Her hair wisdom was impressive.  We decided that as I am someone who generally gives very little attention to how I style my hair, there was no point in getting an uber impressive do that will look fabulous in the salon, but will not be maintained due to my inadequate skills.

Sarah came up with a style that would be easy to manage with a colour that would be subtle yet lift the overall tone of my hair and won't give me roots when it grows out.  She matched the shade to the tone of my hair so it would blend in and not be too obvious.  I loved her honesty, knowledge and passion.  Her advice made perfect sense and although there is a tiny part of me that fantasised about walking out of the salon looking totally different with a dramatic new colour and funky cut, I knew that was not something that would work for me.  Sarah really got to the heart of what I needed and what I could manage long term.  Her customer's satisfaction is paramount.  Following the consultation, a price quote is given so there is no shocks or surprises when you get to the till.


The salon itself is spacious, modern and clean.  I felt thoroughly spoiled with cups of coffee, current magazines and warm, friendly chit chat.  I'm not used to spoiling myself, but I could so get used to this!


Last time I had a professional colour was in the 80s when I had peroxide blonde highlights.  Back then it was the time of the skull cap and crochet hook which was intensely painful!  Having foils was totally painless.  Hairdressing has really evolved!!


After 45 minutes I was treated to a shampoo, condition and treatment in the comfortable, adjustable sink unit.  I am almost 6' and in the past have found the sinks really uncomfortable, but this was absolutely fine.


After a fabulous scalp massage, I was left to relax with a hot towel.


Sarah was very professional as she cut and layered my hair.  I had about 5" cut off.  Long layers were cut through and then my hair was blow dried with a big brush to make waves out of my natural curl.


The finished result was really impressive.  The new tone blended in to make my greys look less obvious and the overall colouring lifted my skin tone quite dramatically.  A lot of the weight was removed making my hair feel so much lighter.  No longer was it hanging around my face and looking unhealthy.


I was given advice to use velcro rollers to make an evening hairstyle, which I'm looking forward to trying out at the Tots 100 Christmas party next weekend!


I loved feeling pampered and I love the end result.  Sarah knew exactly how to work with what I had,  to enhance the positives and provide me with the low maintenance end result that I needed.



I had a great experience at Regis.  If you are looking for a hairdresser in Telford you'd be hard pressed to find a better salon.

Regis also have a great competition running at the moment.  If you fancy winning a Canon 550D camera and whole year of hair services visit Emma Willis's Regis blog www.haveagreathairday.co.uk/emmawillis  or the Locks, Rock and Load page on the RegisUk Facebook page.  Simply style your locks, rock your look and upload your photograph to the page.  Ten runners up will also win a cut and colour.  So get your entries in by January 3rd 2012.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...