Google+

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Messy Cooking with Kids and Cleaning Up

Cooking with kids can make a big mess of the kitchen!  Work surfaces, bowls, baking trays and stove tops can end up splattered in food residue and covered in stubborn stains. Cillit Bang have come up with an All In 1 Dish and Surface Cleaner which promises to make cleaning up quicker and easier.


The convenient automatic dispenser delivers the right dose of the intelligent cleaning agent direct to your sponge, ready to tackle any surface you wish to tackle.  There are 160 doses of the concentrated liquid, which is twice as efficient as regular washing up liquids.  The solution removes burnt on grease and food residue without the need for scrubbing.  However the formula is gentle on hands and the scent leaves the kitchen smelling fresh. 



We put the Cillit Band All In 1 to the test with a baking session!  Holly Bell, the Great British Bake Off runner-up has come up with some very messy recipes.  The cleaning up afterwards puts this product to the test with sticky work surfaces and bowls to contend with!

Cornish Ginger Fairing Biscuits

4oz butter
6oz SR flour
3oz caster sugar
1 tblspn golden syrup
1 tspn ground ginger
1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda

Preheat oven to GM5.
Line two baking sheets.
Melt the butter and syrup in a pan.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Now here is the fun bit...
Form the Play-Doh type mixture into walnut sized balls.
Put them well spread out onto the baking sheet.
Put into oven for 12-15 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.

Take a look at our video to see how we got on baking and cleaning up afterwards!


The Cillit Bang really did the job!  It cut through all our messy pans and bowls and brought the surfaces up sparkling clean.  The dispenser gives you a measured dose of the cleaner so you don't waste any or make a mess squeezing too much out.  It looks good by the sink and as it does the job of various cleaning products it is space saving too.  Check out www.facebook.com/CillitbangUK for more information.


The biscuits that we made were delicious too! It's a fabulous recipe, give it a try if you like melt in the mouth cookies that are dangerously moreish!



Starter Kit includes automatic dispenser, 3 X AA batteries, 250ml Lemon Burst refill.  RRP £9.99 for a limited time.  A pack of three refills are £7.99.

***WIN ONE OF FIVE CILLIT BANG ALL IN 1 STARTER SETS HERE!***

38 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great recipe! I often make gingerbread men with the kids so this recipe will make a lovely yummy alternative! The Cillit Bang seemed to clean up the syruppy mixture so easily!

    Well done for clearing up so well! I think my four would love to help me clean up when they see a fab dispenser like that! At the moment, they tend to slink away and I am left to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 9 year old keeps asking to wash up because she loves the dispenser! I'm just going to put my feet up and let her do it from now on ;) The biscuits are really good and easy for the kids to make. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little ones are adorable. Can you send them round my house to make me biscuits and clean my kitchen. They seem to be real pro's in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kitchen could really do with something like this, with 2 little ones the surfaces always get really messy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Cilit Bang! That's exactly what the Bug says he wants for Christmas - now I know why ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds great ! thanks for the review (and recipe) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The biscuits look divine! and love the idea of the dispenser.....great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your biccies look gorgeous! This new Cillit bang is definitely what my kitchen needs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cillit Bang really is good and works wonders! Your biscuits look delicious- I'd love a couple with a cup of tea now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just written the recipe down for the ginger biscuits and intend to make them very soon. The cillit bang all in 1 dish and surface cleaner sounds just the thing for getting everything back to how it was before the cooking experience.
    I loved the video and, as always, enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These biscuits look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This new Cillit bang is definitely what my kitchen needs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look interesting Ive never tried before, sounds very effective and handy.Cookies look gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the dispenser- what a great idea. Also like the look of the yummy biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum yum will have to try out your recipe

    @littleboo_21

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to try these again as last time I made them they spread to about 6inches wide!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any way to make cleaning up after baking easier gets my vote! These biscuits look lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all things cillit Bang so will give this a go... But not before the biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum Biscuits look delish! bonus to the Cillit making cleaning a lot easier too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh they look delicious, I'll have to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the dispenser idea as I am very heavy handed with cleaning product etc. I would like the measured dose so i wouldn't over use it! I would use it to clean my cooker, always never looks cleaned enough!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those biccies look lovely! what a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will be making these biscuits during the week x

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh gosh your making me hungry! yum

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw I love these biscuits but I'm on a diet. Must... look... away.!

    ReplyDelete
  26. the biscuits look great - and the cleaner looks brilliant for saving space and not having loads of different bottles under the sink

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those biscuits look delicious... checking the cupboard for ground ginger

    ReplyDelete
  28. yummy biccys :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This dispenser sounds brilliant - like the kind of product manufacturers would make if they asked people what they really needed!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Them biscuits look yummylishious, the soap dispenser looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like something I need in my kitchen !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like it would be perfect for my manic house with 4 kids x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Like the idea that it is in a dispenser and you can keep it by your sink. A normal bottle I would keep under the sink and possibly forget to use it

    ReplyDelete
  34. the automatic dispenser is awesome as you do not have to touch it with your dirty hands

    ReplyDelete
  35. The automatic dispenser is genius

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah man wish I could bake as well as this. My creations always coming out monstrous

    ReplyDelete
  37. they look yum!

    I can bake everything, but never cracked soft cookies lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...