Google+

Thursday, 2 February 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful Week 5

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

This week, I am feeling more positive than I have done so far in 2012!

1: Ella's parent's evening it school was on Wednesday.  Ian and I met with her teachers, the majority of whom told us that our daughter was gorgeous, with a wicked sense of humour, intelligent and a fabulous musician.  She has many of the teachers wrapped around her finger!  Some did notice that she had been unusually quiet and not quite herself recently, which gave us a chance to discuss the emotional problems she has been having.  They all agreed not to pressure her at all, which will ease any stress that she has been under to achieve a clean sweep of A*s.  Ella has also recorded her solo piece for her music exam.  It's lovely to hear her enjoying her music again.

    

2: Operation de-clutter starts this weekend and we intend to totally blitz our house, selling and donating a whole load of our stuff.  It'll be massively therapeutic!

3:  Freddy is 100% reliable with his potty after just a week.  He has been unbelievably easy but I take no credit for it...it was Fred's decision and he hasn't looked back.  He even wears pants over night.  Nappies will no longer eat up any of my weekly shopping budget!!

4:  I have been far more motivated in everything I've been doing, making decisions about our future and generally putting things into some perspective.  I'm managing my time better and feeling far more organised.  After a shaky start I am getting there!

9 comments:

  1. Love Ellas music she is very talented :) Well done to Freddy too, all mine did simular just decided that was it and with little input from me ditched the nappies day and night in a few days made the whole business a very unstressful time :) hope the decluttering goes well, I'm a hoarder but Darren is a minimalist so it holds some sort of balance most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I wish my boy would stop wearing nappies at night, but he sleeps like a stone: heavy.
    Your daughter sings beautifully! And, for that matter, IS beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds as though you are being kept busy with your de-cluttering programme (I think I will follow suit as I seem to have so much "stuff" lying about. Freddy has once again proved how brilliant he is - what a clever boy to just decide out of the blue to become potty trained and be so efficient at it. I am equally thrilled to hear that Ella is enjoying her muxic once again - she really is so gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandad and I have just watched the video of your singing and thought we would let you know how much we enjoyed it. "A MESSAGE FOR ELLA"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous singing from your daughter - what talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no wonder you are so positive! your kids doing you proud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful positive post. I really need to get round to de-cluttering this house before the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear you are getting on back on form! Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...