Google+

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Oreo Brownie Traybake Recipe

I absolutely love the Great British Bake Off.  I adore Mary Berry with her old lady jeans and silver fox Paul Hollywood with his smouldering, blue eyes.  Throw a whole load of cakes and bakes into the mix and you get must-see TV.

As I've been dieting I have resisited the urge to join in with Jenny and Helen's GBBO linky. Home baking is just too tempting and my shrinking waistline would not forgive me if I suddenly ate an entire trifle or fruit pie.  But this week, with almost 2 stone lost overall, I think I can afford a little indulgence, so I've joined in with the Great Bloggers Bake Off  for Traybake week.  I've come up with a recipe that combines the kids' favourite biscuits with a decadent, but easy to make brownie.  I also added some milk chocolate (from an advent calendar I bought last year for 10p in the sales -use by November 2013.  I bought about 20 of them for just this sort of thing!!) 

I've also linked up with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the week linky.

Oreo Brownie Traybake



Ingredients

7 oz dark chocolate
7 oz butter
11 oz golden caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz plain flour

3 oz milk chocolate 
8 Oreo biscuits chopped roughly

Method

Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Meanwhile whisk together the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
Fold in flour.
Stir in chocolate and chopped biscuits.
Pour into a foil tray or prepared tin. (approx 8" x 13")
Cook in a pre-heated oven at GM4 for 25 minutes.

Cut into even pieces and sprinkle with icing sugar when cold.
(or grab a slab of it and eat it while it's warm!)


They are rich, moist and have the extra bite and flavour of Oreo biscuits. 

GreatBloggersBakeOff

Link up your recipe of the week

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...