Friday, 14 December 2012

Foodie Friday - Stew with Dumplings

One thing that I love about winter is making stews.  Good old vegetable stews with a dumpling or cobbler topping are just the perfect comfort food on these freezing cold December evenings.  I've been using my slow cooker which has made my life so much easier!  I bung in swede, carrot, onion, leek, sweet potato, potato and parsnip along with veggie stock, rosemary and ground pepper.  About half an hour before the end of the cooking time, I throw in some Quorn pieces.  Then I finish it off for 20 minutes in the oven with dumplings or cobbler. Yum!!

stew, slow cooker, veggie


  1. Oh! my goodness my mouth is still watering. That stew looks everything a nourishing stew should look and I guarantee it tasted delicious. I believe that the slow cooker gives a meal that something extra with the flavour and finished result. xx

  2. ooh looks kind of 'one pot' dinner! I add rosemary to nearly all of my dinners.
    thanks for joining in with Foodie Foto Friday x

  3. looks and sounds delicious. I love my slow cooker. didnt know the slow cooker crock pot would be oven proof?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...