Google+

Friday 5 August 2011

Flashback Friday...My Godson

My nephew and godson Tom is currently in Alabama working in a summer camp for children and adults with special needs.  He's done this for the past few years, giving up his summer holidays to spend his time helping others.  He loves it and dedicates his time to doing what he does so well.  I'm so proud of him.

Tom stands 6' 4" tall and sports a skinhead haircut.  But looks are deceptive with Tom.  He is a gentle soul and a wonderful boy who I love to pieces.

This post is dedicated to Tom.


He was the first baby I ever held.  My sister Carol had him when I was 17 and I adored him and was honoured when she asked me to be his godmother.


When Joe and Megan were tiny I spent a lot of time staying with my big sister.  Tom was a bit of a scallywag, but for all his mischief he still had a heart of gold.  You could tell this from how he loved cuddling his baby cousins.  

Now, he is a full grown man and he still has a heart of gold.  He is studying to be a social worker at university and I know he is going to make such a difference to so many lives.  I'm so proud to have him in my life and still incredibly honoured to have him as my godson.



This is my Flashback Friday.  Check out others at Cafe Bebe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...