Google+

Thursday 5 May 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

I missed last week because I was too ill to a) use the laptop for any length of time or b) feel cheerful enough to find three things to smile about.

This week I am feeling better and that in itself is a reason to be cheerful!

So this week's reasons are:

1: I bought a pair of Size 12 jeans and they fit me!  I don't think I'm where I need to be in my relationship with food. My weight is still fluctuating and I'd like to be a stone lighter, but having the courage to go from the mindset of being a size 16 to a size12 is a real stepping stone in my struggle with my mental body image.  One day I will get on top of my obsession with my weight. But until then, hey, I've gone from a 16 to a 12!!

2: We had a wonderful walk around Ellesmere Lake with the kids.  It is such a lovely place and Freddy has developed a love of trees, dirt and ducks!  He takes such delight in being out and about and his zest for life just makes me smile!


3: Today I met up with the lovely ladies behind three of my favourite blogs.  My friend long time friend Lou from Bloggomy and I, drove to Cheshire Ice Cream Farm to meet up with our newfound blogging buddies Heather from SAHM Loving It and Alyson from Alyson's Blog.  Along with our littlest children, we spent a few hours enjoying the soft play area, having lunch, looking at animals and of course indulging in the mandatory pleasure of eating ice cream!

New Friends and Cute Animals
Exhausted after his fun day!
Meeting up has made me even more excited about Cybermummy.  I loved that we were all exactly how we expected us to be.  I'm sure some people who blog adopt a persona that they will not be able to live up to in real life.  With us though...what you read is what you get!  It was very reassuring to know that Tweeting translates to real life conversations. So I am looking forward to meeting the flesh and blood behind some of my other favourite blogs next month.  Exciting times!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...