Google+

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

The Gallery...Travel


I'm not much of a traveller.  Whereas other people get excited by the prospect of far flung shores, I am far more of a home girl.  My lust for adventure has declined rapidly over the years.  My dislike of travelling exacerbated by travel sickness that kicks in the moment I step into the claustrophobic confines of a ship, train or plane. It's never a good start to a journey!

So for me this week, the theme of travel is not an easy one to capture.  For me, the best part of travelling is returning home, safe and sound to find the house and all its contents exactly how I left it.  The relief of driving into familiar territory is palpable.  However much fun the adventure has been, the "getting there" aspect tarnishes a proportion of the enjoyment.

So my entry to this week's Gallery is a familiar part of my hometown, signifying that home is just 5 minutes away.  It may not be exotic or exciting but to me, there's no place like home!


13 comments:

  1. Aww bless you I love what that part of your journey home signifies to you. I was always the opposite I hated the journey home as soon as I was at the airport I felt gutted! Great photo and take on travel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. jessies_online13 July 2011 at 11:33

    I love the getting home too, you can't beat the smell of your own home when you walk through that door........and then that feeling is ruined when husband dumps the cases of dirty washing in the hall !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no place like home! After a holiday last week I was itching to get back to the familiar home comforts...of course now I want away again! Great take on the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to be back to home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless. Even though I love travelling, it is nice to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. celebratingmums13 July 2011 at 17:36

    Honest and homely post and nowt wrong with appreciating where you live

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am probably opposite to you in terms of how much I love travel, and it's not just the destinations I love it is also the getting there, I even made a career out of it! But I do also completely understand, there is nothing like the feeling of coming home :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get that. I am a home bird too. I love my creature comforts. Is that you house? It looks gorgeous. I do love to explore as well, but only for a short times and love coming home. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not my house unfortunately...my house is a new build (without any real character). But there are a lot of lovely Tudor buildings where we live. My house is down the hill from here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great that you posted such an honest post about travelling. I'm the opposite, I do love my home and my friends and family but I always have such an amazing time travelling that I never want it to end. I suffer so badly from post-holiday blues for about a week or two following any major holiday :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol what a great picture, it looks like it is fake and drawn on. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! home is deffinately where the heart is :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always maintained that there is no place like home. When Stan and I were much younger than we are now, we used to go to France on a shopping spree but
    for me the joy of seeing the White Cliffs of Dover appearing on the horizon was an absolute thrill knowing that we were practically en route to home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...