Google+

Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Cherry On Top Award

Lou from Bloggomy has tagged me to receive a Cherry on Top Award!    So in accordance with rule number one of thanking the blogger that tagged you...thank you Louise, a wonderful friend who spans both my real and virtual life!


Next I have to say three things that I love about myself.  Now, this is not as easy as it sounds.

1:  I don't want to cheat and say I love my children because they are not actually 'me'...but I do love how I have chosen to parent the five remarkable little people that I am proud to call my children!  I pride myself on having always put them first, taking their lead and enjoying the martyr-ish self-sacrifice which has defined me for the past 24 years!!  They are my life and they have taught me what unconditional love means.

2:  I love that I can be strong.  I have made brave decisions and done things to protect my loved ones that really defies my usual laid back attitude.  In fact, I am working on a big, brave decision that will affect me and my family right now (so watch this space!)  I have fought back against problems and adversity...and will continue to do so.  I come out fighting when the chips are down (even though it can sometimes take a while to gain momentum!)

3: I love my body. But not in that way!  I love that I could get pregnant.  I love that I could carry and nurture my five children inside my body.  I love that I was able to breastfeed them for as long as I wanted to.  My body may be carrying extra pounds, it may bear the scars and stretch marks from a life well-lived, but it has done me proud.  I won't ever be a super-model, but I'm sure that is an over-rated lifestyle anyway!

Next I have to post a picture that I love.  There are so many pictures that I could have picked but I wanted one that had all my babies in it, and Ian is there in spirit as he was the photographer.


Lastly I have to tag five bloggers that I love.  I've been a bit out of the loop for the last few weeks and it is amazing how fast you drop out of things.  But here are my five, who have all been there for me this month sharing the love :)

Susan Mann
Sarah Mum of Three
Blog By Baby
Squeaky Baby
Circus Mums

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...