Google+

Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 Resolutions, Hopes and Fears

So here it is, 2012!  I saw the new year in dancing with Freddy and Kizzy whilst watching the amazing London  fireworks display on TV to officially launch the Olympic Year.  I felt really positive and excited about a brand new year...I must have been swept away on group euphoria!  I don't drink, so I can't blame the alcohol for my warm, fuzzy glow.

This year is going to be quite momentous for us McD's.

We are waiting for Ian's hospital appointment for the surgery that should fix all the problems that came to light last year when he had a health scare.  After numerous tests they have finally found a blockage that can be lasered away.  Fingers crossed it won't be too awful...but I'll be in my best nurse mode to help him get back on his feet (after all who'll be the housework if he's incapacitated hehe!!)

Freddy, who is the king of developmental procrastination, will have to potty train and self wean this year.  Then we can start thinking about getting him into his own bedroom and sleeping through the night!  EEK!!  He'll also need to get his first haircut *sobs* I love his curly, blonde locks but he does look a bit like a girl!

Ella has her GCSE's and will be applying to attend a new Sixth Form College in a larger town 15 miles away.  That will be a big change, and for someone who isn't the quickest at getting ready in the morning it will be quite a challenge!

Megan graduates this year and is already trying to find a post-graduate scheme for September.  It's exciting to think that my little girl is in her final year of university.  Where did the time go?  She'll be moving on to pastures new, getting a flat of her own and making her own living.

Joe is getting his pay rise this month and will hopefully stop borrowing from the Bank of Mum and Dad.  We might actually get to spend some cash on ourselves soon!  That'll be a first.  I only saw my son on about a dozen occasions last year.  This realisation shocked me a bit.  So I'll make the most of every moment that I see my beautiful boy in 2012.

Kizzy's resolution this year is to learn to swim!  I blame myself for her lack of water skills, I hate swimming pools and getting changed after swimming.  So she rarely gets to go. But this Christmas I got her to swim six widths of the fun pool at Ribby Hall!  She is so close we need to take her more often to consolidate her new found ability.

For me, I want to get to grips with the health and weightloss which has been my focus for a while now.  I need to step it up.  My Cyber resolution will be to take part in the 366 Project.  Not sure if I'll be able to do it  or not, but I'll do my best!  If I don't manage to post everyday, I'll do it when I can.

The only blot on the 2012 landscape is those darned Mayans and their prediction of Armageddon!  Damn their calendar that finishes with the Apocalypse on the 22nd December this year.  Just in case they are right, I fully intend to live everyday of this year to the fullest of my ability.  I intend to have fun.  Smile a lot.  Spend quality time with my family who I adore.  Cherish my husband.  Enjoy having my parents in my life.  Enjoy every minute...because you never get the time back once it's gone.

Happy New Year to you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...