Google+

Monday 30 January 2012

The Ultimate Icing on the Cake


For the best results when decorating cakes, professionals recommend that you use the very best ingredients.  Already renowned for giving home bakers a helping hand, Silver Spoon is taking baking to the next level with their high quality range that includes everything you need to give impressive results in the kitchen.

The Queen of Couture Cakes, Mich Turner MBE, has launched the new Professional Quality Silver Spoon Create range of edible cake decorations.  Mich has decorated cakes for celebrities and royalty and she is sharing some of her professional secrets with this range.


The selection includes Finest Quality Marzipan which has 40% more almonds for a superior flavour and texture.  The almonds are sourced from the finest Mediterranean crops. It comes ready to roll and is ideal for covering fruit cakes, petit fours and sugarpaste modelling.  RRP for a 500g pack £3.99.

The range also includes Ready to Roll Madagascan Vanilla White Icing, made with finest Madagascan Vanilla  beans for an enhanced flavour, and gives a perfectly smooth, pure white finish.  RRP for a 1kg pack £3.29.


For a classy finishing touch, Silver Spoon Create includes a selection of Gold, Bronze and Pearl Lustres which can be delicately painted onto hand piped detail or sugar flowers and decorations for a romantic pearl finish.  RRP for a 20ml bottle is £2.49.

I am quite a novice when it comes to cake decorating, but I do like having a go!  I've been looking at the Baking Mad website and feel very inspired to bake a cake for Ian for Valentine's Day.  I don't know how far my talents will take me, but I know I'll be using the best possible decorating ingredients with the products I have been sent to test out.  Wish me luck!!!

Copyright Baking Mad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...