Google+

Thursday 21 August 2014

We did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

My nephew Thomas nominated his step-mum Katey to take part in the ice bucket challenge for charity. Being the amazing woman that she is, she took on the challenge brilliantly and then nominated me to take part!  Not one to ever shirk on a challenge myself, I, with the help of my three littlies added myself to the list of people taking part to raise both awareness and money for charity.  We donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association, as we have been really moved by the ALS videos we have watched, and the story behind the campaign.  Knowing that families affected by this disease are behind this social media campaign, and that so much money has been raised for this worthy cause, made us absolutely certain that taking part was the right thing to do.

When the A list celebrities take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge, they tend to be somewhere warm and sunny.  Shropshire is unfortunately neither of those things.  It's downright chilly at the moment. Nevertheless, the kids armed themselves with buckets of cold water in readiness to give me a good soaking.  Freddy took a bit too much pleasure in squirting me in the face to add to my experience.  But it was all good fun.

            


In an act of motherly revenge, I nominated them to take part...plus I nominated Helen from The Crazy Kitchen (she is totally game for a laugh).  My kids thoroughly enjoyed doing their bit and passing the baton on to their friends.  We look forward to seeing what they do in the name of charity and for this social media phenomena!

           


I love that people are getting behind this challenge and are doing it for charities that they support as well as for the MND/ALS charities.  Anything that gets money and raises awareness for good causes has got to be a positive thing, how ever silly it is.  Plus seeing celebrities getting behind it has provided some brilliant entertainment. Russell Brand, Kermit the Frog, Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner and Bill Gates are my favourite Ice Bucket Challengers so far!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...