There is no getting away from the fact that many of us are struggling to manage our finances in this economic climate. Times are hard with prices in supermarkets going up every week. The price of petrol and our household fuel bills are at an all time high. Our hard earned cash has never been so stretched. With a few changes we can however regain control of our bank balance and get our budgets back on track.
The Kalixa Pay prepaid MasterCard® is a pay as you go card which can help you stick to a monthly spending budget safely and easily. You simply transfer the money you wish to spend for the week or month onto the card, and use it instead of your usual debit card. It is a simple, secure and effective payment option for online or in store purchases, helping you keep track of what you are spending. It is a great solution for families trying to manage their finances in the New Year.
The benefits of using Kalixa Pay to help you budget are:
- You receive a free email or SMS alert every time you use your card (for purchases over £5) detailing what you have spent and your updated account balance ensuring you always keep on track of your spending.
- The account includes an online portal (eWallet) so you can keep an eye on where your money is going how much is left to spend.
- The card has no overdraft facility so you can rest assured that you cannot exceed the amount pre-paid onto the card. This means you will not be stung by expensive unexpected overdraft charges.
- Your Kalixa Pay account is not linked to your main bank account, so even if the worst was to happen and your card is cloned or stolen, you will not lose your entire bank balance.
- Sticking to your budget will definitely help to improve your finances! With the Kalixa Pay card, when the money's gone, it's gone, so you won't be tempted to overspend.
The Kalixa Pay prepaid MasterCard® also gives you a simple solution to spending when abroad. With zero foreign exchange fees and the most competitive rates on the market, it allows you to top up with one currency and spend in any other giving you total flexibility and convenience. Perfect for both business or pleasure trips and a great way for families to manage their money when holidaying abroad.
This simple payment solution is perfect if you need multiple currencies or frequently travel to different locations. Kalixa Pay enables you to pay securely in any currency, both online and at over 36 million locations worldwide, eliminating the hassle of carrying and exchanging cash. Simply top up your card and you are ready to go. If you do need cash on your travels you can also use your Kalixa Pay card to withdraw your money at over 1.2 million ATM’s worldwide. (International ATM Fee - £2.25)
Once your trip is over, if there is money left on your card you do not have to worry about the exchange rates or charges involved in converting your money back to Pounds Sterling. You can just continue using your card once you are back home - no fees, no hassle.
The free SMS alerts detail exactly what you are spending allowing you to make your holiday spends go further and keep track of how much you are using to buy souvenirs, ice-creams, sun cream or meals out! Especially useful if you are one of the 10% of holidaymakers who admit to recklessly spending all their holiday money within 48 hours of arriving at their destination!
I really like the idea of the Kalixa Pay cards for older children, allowing them to go out shopping independently with a budget they can't exceed. You can give them a clothes budget or the money for a day out already pre-paid onto the card. This way, they won't be carrying large sums of cash and you, as a parent, can keep tabs on what they are spending. It gives youngsters the opportunity to learn about budgeting and gives them independence, while you keep hold of the purse strings. It is also a simple way to help a child who is away at university, by topping the card up weekly for grocery shopping or other expenses. Again it allows them to learn how to manage money in the real world, without the danger of going over budget.
The Kalixa Pay prepaid MasterCard, including the eWallet service, is available for a one-off payment of £6.95.
For more information and to register for your Kalixa Pay MasterCard visit www.kalixa.com/Pay.
This post is a PR collaboration.