Google+

Saturday 30 November 2013

A Night Out at The Hinds Head in Norton-in-Hales

Last night, a bunch of us school mums enjoyed a night out before the chaos of Christmas descends, and had a fabulous three course meal at The Hinds Head pub in Norton-in-Hales, Shropshire.

The recently refurbished, family run, traditional village pub has a wonderfully relaxed and warm atmosphere. The Hinds Head has many features of a quaint, country pub, including cask ales from local breweries, a wood burning stove and a cosy snug, along with a high quality, contemporary restaurant. The ingredients are locally sourced where possible, and the menu includes pub classics alongside some more modern dishes.  I was glad to see a nice, well conceived vegetarian option for me to choose from on the set menu!

The Christmas decorations were up and the fire was burning, the perfect setting for a pre-Christmas festive get together.  Add great company, loads of laughs, class room anecdotes and a few rude stories featuring Take That concerts, strippers and trouser dropping, and you have the ingredients for a great night out.


          


For my meal I chose a mushroom bruschetta, followed by a goat's cheese, caramelised red onion and cranberry Tart Tatin with new potatoes and salad, finished off with a chocolate brownie with ice cream and raspberry coulis.

The presentation of the food was quite stunning, with great attention to detail and the portion size was perfect.  (I hate those super fancy restaurants that give you a teeny tiny piece of food in the middle of a plate ...yes Michel Roux I am looking at you!! The meal I had at his restaurant may have looked beautiful but left me starving!)

The staff at The Hinds Head are friendly, very pleasant and attentive.  My niece is one of the bar staff team and it was lovely catching up with her on my night out.

The Hinds Head have just launched a take-away service and I am eyeing up the 'Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall Pizza' with caramelised onion, pear and blue cheese!  How deliciously different does that sound!


Goats Cheese Tart Tatin


We had a great night out and it was lovely for me to get to know some of Freddy's classmates' mums in a social setting with some great food.  It's nice to feel a part of the community and to be involved in my little boy's school.

If you ever find yourself in Shropshire and are looking for some top quality pub grub or a tasty Sunday Lunch in a beautiful, little village, I'd highly recommend The Hinds Head in Norton-in-Hales.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...