Weetabix is made with 100% wholegrain, is high in fibre and low in fat and sugar making it a great source of slow release energy to fuel my little lad until lunchtime. It has four added vitamins and iron to aid his physical development and has no added nasties. It is ready to eat in moments with its easy to serve portions, making it perfect for busy mornings. What's more, Freddy loves it!
Having a healthy diet is essential for little ones, especially when they start school, which will see them expending loads of energy as they are stretched both mentally and physically. Weetabix's consultant dietician has some top tips to help make sure your child is happy and healthy at mealtimes.
- A variety of foods at regular meal times is key to a healthy diet
- Involve children in food and meal preparation
- Offer child-size portions, allowing for seconds if wanted, rather than serving one large portion
- Be a positive role model for your child when it comes to eating
- Eat together as a family
- Keep sweet treats as an occasional end of meal treat
- Top up between meals with a healthy snack such as vegetable/fruit sticks with yoghurt dip or breakfast cereal with milk
- Make sure your child is not too tired to eat
- If you have any worries talk to your doctor, health visitor or school nurse