Google+

Thursday 24 January 2013

Slow Cooked Veggie Lamb Hot Pot Recipe

My love affair with my slow cooker is continuing.  The latest offering that I have made is vegetarian Lamb Hot Pot.  I am not an exact, scientific cook.  I am more of a 'throw in what you have' and improvise type cook, but this is the basis of what I did and it seemed to work well.  It is really delicious, even though I say so myself!

Vegetarian Lamb Hot Pot 


hot pot, vegetarian

Ingredients

4 parsnips
2 red onions
2 cloves garlic
4 potatoes
6 carrots
1 butternut squash
1/2 pint veggie stock
1 can butter beans
1 can canellini beans
2 teaspoons rosemary
ground black pepper
1 bag Quorn lamb strips

slow cooker, crock pot

Method

Chop up the veg and throw it all in the slow cooker with everything apart from the Quorn lamb strips.
Cook for about 6 hours then add the lamb strips.
(At this point you can also top with a bag of Aunt Bessie's frozen dumplings).
Cook for a further hour.
Tip: If it is too wet add a few teaspoons of gravy granules to thicken up the stock.
You can finish it off in the oven for the last 15mins at GM6 if you like a crisper dumpling/cobbler (like I do).


vegetarian, Quorn, lamb hot pot




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...