Google+

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Slow Cooked Five Bean Chilli Recipe

I love my slow cooker.  It's taken me a while to see the full potential of my Crock Pot but I think I am now giving it the usage it deserves.  It is just so easy to throw the ingredients into the pot in the morning and then it is ready to serve up at dinner time with no further effort required.  The healthy, cooked from scratch meals are so easy to make and I feel like a domestic goddess (albeit fraudulently because it is just so easy to do!!)

Today I am making my lazy cook's Five Bean Chilli using Napolina beans.  Tinned beans are a main staple in our home.  They are convenient, nutritious and versatile plus I think they taste good too!

Ingredients

1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 carton of passata
2 chopped onions
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden chilli
2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden coriander
1 can of Napolina butter beans
1 can of Napolina kidney beans
1 can of Napolina chick peas
1 can of brown lentils
1 can of Napolina cannelini beans
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 pt of vegetable stock
(You can throw a bag of Quorn Mince into the pot an hour before serving if you like.)


vegetarian recipe, chilli


Method

Literally throw it all in at 10am after the school run is done.
Serve it with rice and creme fraiche at 5pm when the kids are back home and hungry!  It's easy to make, nutritious, delicious and warming in this cold weather.

slow cooker, vegetarian


I was sent a selection of Napolina beans but the recipe is my own.  Napolina beans are priced at 79p a tin and are available from all good stockists.

beans, pulses



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...