Let your imagination soar in Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game as you play as one of the classic childhood legends, including: North (aka Santa Claus), Tooth (aka the Tooth Fairy), Bunnymund (aka the Easter Bunny), Sandman, and Jack Frost. In this action-packed adventure game, each Guardian has their own set of extraordinary abilities that will help you take on the evil spirit “Pitch” and his infectious nightmares. Along the way, you’ll unlock new powers and spellbinding special moves that will increase your character’s strength and skills throughout the game, plus you can unleash cool team attacks with your fellow heroes. With drop-in-and-out multiplayer action supporting up to four players on consoles, you and your team of Guardians will work together to protect the hopes, beliefs and imaginations of children all over the world!
- Join Forces with Your Favorite Characters From the Film – Play as one of the classic childhood legends from DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming feature film, Rise of the Guardians, including: North, Tooth, Bunnymund, Sandman, and Jack Frost.
- Battle Pitch in an Epic Adventure – Take on Pitch and his evil nightmares in a deep and intuitive adventure combat game that includes new original enemies designed specifically for each Guardian’s realm.
- Unique Abilities and Upgrades – Unlock power-ups such as weapon upgrades for your character. Plus, earn unique new abilities including special combat moves like a snowball attack, summoning a swarm of miniature tooth fairies, and more!
- Explore Legendary Guardian Realms – Experience the imaginative worlds from Rise of the Guardians, including; Tooth’s Palace, North’s Workshop, Bunnymund’s Warren, and many more.
- Team up in Multiplayer – Swap between any of the characters in drop-in-and-out four-player squad based multiplayer action on consoles.
We were sent a copy of the game that is out today, to try out. The whole premise of the Rise of the Guardians really appeals to my eldest children. The idea that these childhood figures are not quite as cute and fluffy as we would believe is a stroke of genius. They are in fact a kickass crew prepared to battle to protect children throughout the world as long as they still believe.
The game, which is a tie-in of the Dreamworks film, features an elaborate environment to explore where you take on the enemy using special powers. Swarms of nightmare creatures attack in waves. The fights are quite fast and furious as the legends unleash their powers to keep the nightmares away. It is visually stunning and the characters are very much like their film counterparts. The video cut-ins progress the story line and add to the enjoyment of the game. The ability to switch between characters and the drop in multiplayer option adds variety for some fun sessions and adds to the replay value.
The game play is often seen from above and Kizzy, 10, sometimes lost her character in the melee that was going on, but other than that she managed the controls well. The attack moves are easy to administer It's a good looking game that has made me really want to watch the film! I love the edgy characters and the dark interpretation of the childhood legends. Younger players will be able to handle this game and have fun with the familar cast. More accomplished players, who enjoy a good action/adventure game, will like it too.
Rise of the Guardians is available to purchase now from good stockists for the DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3, XBox 360 and Wii-U. The XBox 360 game is £29.87 at Amazon. It is a PEGI 12.