Google+

Thursday 25 October 2012

Take A Box Of Eggs

When I was a child, I remember my mum getting the Dairy Diary every year from the milkman.  It was a much trusted and regularly used book filled with recipes for dishes that my mum would make.  I have fond memories of pouring through the pages and I'm sure that was the basis for my love of cookbooks that I have now.  I love the glossy pages, the images of delicious food, the culinary inspiration and the promise of great meals!


Take a Box of Eggs is the latest in the Dairy Cookbook series and contains 100 triple-tested egg recipes of varying degrees of difficulty – from classic boiled eggs through to Spanish omelettes, creme caramel and soufflés.  As a vegetarian, free-range eggs are an important part of our diet, so I was pleased to see so many interesting ideas for using eggs!




The book features lovely colour photography of every appetising dish and all recipes have a QR code linking to an ingredients shopping list. The book includes colour coded sections including a dedicated Vegetarian section and a lovely, tempting Bakes section.  The wire ring binding, which keeps the pages open, is a godsend when following a recipe and the red, ribbon page marker makes it easy to mark your favourite page.

The book is £9.99 including P&P but there is a special offer where you can buy it for £7.49 during October at www.britisheggweek.com.  The website also includes a selection of the recipes including my favourite Eggs Au Gratin, a wholesome, hearty dish!  Plus there is a competition to win one of 100 of the Take A Box of Eggs cookbooks...but hurry it closes on October 31st 2012.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...