Google+

Friday 12 October 2012

Flashback Friday - My Son Joe at 24

This week it was my son Joe's 24th birthday.  I still find it amazing that I have adult children, it seems like only yesterday that he was my little boy.  He was such a funny, energetic little lad, always up to mischief. Now he is a successful young man...even though he has not grown out of his mischief making!

son

He was quite a demanding little baby after his stressful birth.

son

But he grew into such a funny toddler who was always getting into funny situations and trying to make us all laugh.

son

Joe was a cheeky school boy.

son

He loved his football and his sports.

son

He's always been a good big brother.

son

We missed him so much when he moved out of the family home to live with his girlfriend at 21. 

son


Today Joe is at such an exciting point in his life.  He has a great job working in IT.  He is engaged to his lovely girlfriend and they are expecting their first baby in ten weeks time.  My baby is about to have his own baby.  My son is about to become a dad.

I hope that my son enjoys every second of being a dad, as I have enjoyed every second of being his mum.  At times there have been challenges.  I was a teenage mum on my own with my baby boy, but we muddled through and our little family went from strength to strength.  I've watched my son grow into an amazing young man.  He has given me so many reasons to be proud of him.  He is a wonderful big brother.  He is incredibly funny and always makes us all laugh.  He is loving and caring.  Sometimes he drives us a bit mad, but he wouldn't be Joe if he was 100% sensible all the time! 

This is going to be a big year for Joe.  I can't wait to support him through the next step of his life journey and see him as he becomes to a daddy to his own little boy.  I don't expect it'll all be plain sailing, but he knows that we will be here for him all the way!

flashbackbadge1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...