Enjoy Summer On A Budget
We are half way through the summer holidays and if you are feeling the financial pinch from spending cash on days out and buying things to keep the kids entertained, then Morrisons is here to help. They have come up with lots of yummy recipes and handy hints to make sure that little ones have a fabulous time without breaking the bank. They have put together a selection of M Savers recipes and have teamed up with Play England and money saving expert Sarah Willingham to provide great tips to make the most of your summer. You can find out more by visiting the Saver Summer website where there are details on ways to find low-cost ways of entertaining the family this summer:
- Easy to cook, low cost, nutritious M Savers summer-themed recipes, perfect for picnics, barbecues and kids’ summer snacks starting from as little as 16p per portion
- Free or low cost family activities developed with Play England
- An interactive map of the UK to locate free play spaces
- An M Savers Summer ‘Pop-Up’ Play Park which will tour the country in August which will have cooking demonstrations as well as low and free play workshops hosted by Play England to teach all sorts of game ideas including arts and crafts and den building
- 2 x packets of M Savers Sponge Mix
- 2 x eggs from store cupboard
- 4 x tablespoons of M Savers Lemon Curd
- Juice and zest of 1 M Savers Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Line a one litre loaf tin with grease proof paper. Mix up the cake mix as instructed on the packet using the eggs and water. Stir two tablespoons of lemon curd into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the centre of the sponge springs back when pressed with your fingertips.
- Remove from the oven and repeatedly pierce the top with a kebab skewer.
- In a bowl, mix together the leftover lemon curd and lemon juice and zest. Pour over the cake and allow to cool in the tin.