Google+

Thursday, 7 June 2012

I'm Going To Be A Granny

At last I can publicly announce that my 24 year old son Joe and his lovely girlfriend Jade are going to have their first baby!  It's due at Christmas and will be a wonderful addition to our family.

Ian and I are fully intending to be the coolest grandparents ever. (G-Mama and G-Daddy in da house!? Maybe not eh!)  It is an exciting time for us all and we will welcome the new generation of the family McD with huge amounts of love!  My family is the most important thing in my life and I feel totally blessed!  My girls are thrilled at the prospect of becoming aunties and Freddy will love to have a new playmate/nephew/niece!  Both mine and Ian's parents are delighted at becoming great grandparents.  Both great grandmas' knitting needles will be clicking away making shawls and cardies galore!  With Jade's family equally excited, this baby is going to be thoroughly adored!

baby, scan, grandchild
My New Grandbaby  (12 week scan)

They had their 12 week  scan today and baby McDonald is a healthy little cutie...I think he looks just like his mummy (or should that be she looks like her mummy!!)  Time alone will tell!!  But one things certain, he or she is destined to be born into a world full of love.











33 comments:

  1. Aw great news, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's amazing news. Huge congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nanny Wendy! how exciting for you all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thank you for the lovely post! We are over the moon and so pleased our little McNugget is growing perfectly! I best get cracking over at LateForReality! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. massive congratulations! fabulous news! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to being the coolest Granny and grandad on the block x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ian wants to be the grandad with all the best entertainment technology...an excuse to buy a 3D TV methinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's you about to be a new mummy again...and I'm about to be a granny!! Feeling old ;) Babies are just lush though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Helen! I'm still working on what I want to be called so I don't sound ancient!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Susan. It is an exciting new era!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Though you are far too young looking to be a Granny that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats you will indeed be a glamourous gran xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw thank you so much. I hope things are good with you and your lovely family :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful news Wendy :) many congratulations!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww Wendy so thrilled for you all, what a lovely announcement. That's one blessed baby arriving into your lives and circle of love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's amazing! Congratulations! xxx


    Kate
    Saving Mummys Money
    http://www.Savvymummys.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Jo. At last I can enjoy all the lovely bits like the baby cuddles without having the sleepless nights and smelly nappies!! I think I'm going to like being a Gran!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to your son and his girlfriend! and big congrats to you grandma :) x Hope she has a healthy pregnancy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to all...how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely exciting news! I am now beginning to think that being a Granny is all the good bits of being a mummy without the tough bits thrown in....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to your family! how about Nanna that sounds not so old ha ha, Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I already adore that dear little baby - I know Joe and Jade will make
    great parents. I have bought lots of baby wool and patterns and will
    soon start knitting for my first Great Grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWWW congrats!! What a cute clear pic, isn't it amazing how from so young you truly can see certain familiar facial traits. Excellent reason to be cheery :0) All the best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh massive congrats Wendy and family. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww congratulations to you and all your family x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...