Coffee Muffins For Father's DayThe two most important and amazing men in my life (excluding my two precious sons!!) are my Dad and my husband/baby daddy Ian. Father's Day is the time to honour their role in my life and the best way of doing so is through the medium of cake!
Both of them love coffee cake..it is after all a manly flavour! So in honour of them both I have made my totally delicious Coffee Muffins. They are the lightest muffins ever and the fudgy icing is just a little taste of coffee heaven. Here's the recipe in case you want to make some for the man in your life too!
150g unrefined sugar
3 egg whites
4 egg yolks
1 tblspn hot water + 1 teaspn coffee granules
150g plain flour
1 teaspn baking powder
1 1/2 tblspn milk
knob of butter
200g icing sugar
2 teaspns coffee granules
half walnuts and chocolate covered coffee beans to decorate
- Preheat oven to GM4 and line muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt butter and sugar in saucepan , bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Leave to cool.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Add egg yolks and coffee to sugar/butter mix.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Fold in whisked egg whites.
- Spoon into muffin cases and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When cool make icing by heating butter, coffee and milk in a pan then remove from heat and beat in icing sugar.
- Pipe or spread on top of muffins (add a drop more milk if too thick) and top with a walnut half or a chocolate coffee bean.
|Step by Step Photos|