Google+

Tuesday 27 March 2012

A Journey Of 1000 Miles Begins With A Single Step!

I just had a flash of inspiration while chatting on Twitter today.  It was an epiphanous moment!  It started when I quoted one of my favourite quotes:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

This is something I live by, knowing that I personally need to break down things that need to be done into baby steps.  I'm big on lists and organising myself into doing bitesized chunks to achieve the desired result.  It makes life much easier to avoid bogging myself down by big and overwhelming challenges.
This strategy has got me through some real tough times and continues to provide a mantra for when life threatens to consume me with its demands.

With the bit between my teeth, I am a force to be reckoned with.  I enjoy structure and striving towards an end result. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I achieve my goal and I am never more motivated than when something needs to be done.  Pressure and deadlines are things I can respond to well.  

Sometimes I wonder why I don't have my own business.  Or why this blog isn't as successful as it could be.  Or why I've never had a career?  For someone with elements of the qualities needed to succeed, why am I not a personal success?

Yes, I have an amazing family.  I dedicate myself to that role but they are my vicarious success.  I love knowing that I am at the heart of our home, and am in some small way responsible for the wonderful little people I have helped create.  But I would not presume to take credit for their achievements.    They swell me with pride and make my heart burst with love.  But their success is not mine...it is down to them.  Maybe I helped supply the tools but they created the beautiful end results.

So my journey will start with one single step.  A step that I will tread with purpose, vigour and with 100% commitment!  My only problem is I don't know where I am going!  I long to start this journey to my next destination in my personal development. Freddy will be starting nursery this year and with no more babies on my horizon, I need to start thinking about me.  This is so difficult for someone who has continually defined themselves by the roles given to them by other people: mother, wife, daughter.  Who am I??  What do I want? What is this thing I want to do, but can't quite work out exactly what it actually is?  Where is it that I want to go? 

One thing's for sure....I really need a map! 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...