Google+

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Freddy's First Haircut

It was the day I put off for months and months and months.  My beautiful, baby boy has always had the most gorgeous long, blonde, curly locks, but as he is approaching three, the girlie look was beginning to cause a few problems.  Fred's obsession with hair bands was beginning to get really troublesome as he wanted his hair to look  "perfect" and my hairdressing skills were not up to the job. He would get frustrated when his hair style didn't match up to Annie from 'Little Einsteins'!  Besides, did I really want him to be seen in public with high bunches? However liberal my views are, I still found it uncomfortable to see my boy with such a girlie look outside of the house where other judgemental eyes could see him .

I couldn't put it off any longer...the haircut was imminent.  We had decided to go for a simple trim, keeping it longish, but halfway through we realised that the kink in his hair made him look like he had an old lady's shampoo and set!  We had to have a re-think and decided that we needed to get rid of the baby hair, to allow it to thicken up and hang properly.  The clippers came out!

Not Quite Sure!
Halfway through.
Looking All Grown-Up
My Big Boy!!
In spite of putting this off and not wanting to lose those baby locks...I love his new look!  My big boy looks fabulous and so handsome!

24 comments:

  1. What a difference. He looks gorgeous, now where are those specs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so adorable, all grown up xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. NoDiscernibleTalent24 March 2012 at 18:25

    Aww he looks fabulous! So grown up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! He's soooooo trendy, I absolutely love his new hair - he looks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! What a handsome chappy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he looks angelic... I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Half an hour at the hairdressers and my baby became a little boy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww Freddy such a difference and still so very cute!! I have allowed clippers near my boys hair several times.. it certainly thickens up the hair, i do like hair short but i always end up letting them grow it back as I'm not kean on haircuts in general lol heres a pic of my boys with short locks http://thisisme-sarahmumof3.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/4-years.html such a difference to how mikes hair is atm He kinda needs a haircut too although he thankfully has got over the pinnk hair bobbles stage lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had the first 'short' haircut with Bud recently too, it was a big change and I really feel like he looks so grown up now. Bud's was cut with scissors though, I'm not ready for clippers to go anywhere near his hair yet! Freddie looks very handsome and grown up too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First I thought "Oh no, don't cut his cute surfer locks" but "OMG how cute does he look with his new big boy hair style?" Absolutely adorable. Even my OH said "What a cutie" and he doesn't even like using the word because he thinks it isn't manly enough, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think having Freddy's hair cut was a good decision because he looks absolutely gorgeous - so grown up. It looks as though he took the whole thing in his stride.
    I'm glad you decided to keep the fringe because it really does compliment the
    style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He really does look gorgeous, so much more grown-up and you can see his beautiful little face more clearly. He's going to break hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I absolutely love it Wendy!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Sonia! I'm so glad I had it done. He looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you :) I'm so glad I bit the bullet and had it done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! It was a BIG decision, but definitely the right one. He's a proper little man now! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is such a big step transforming them from babies to big boys by way of a haircut! I kept putting it off, but now it's done I can't stop stroking the back of his neck!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is tricky with boys' hair! It was such a huge decision getting the clippers out, but I am so glad we did it. He looks so sweet! Your boys look great with the spiky hair but I do love longer hair on lads too. Hopefully by the time Fred's hair grows back he will have forgotten all about wanting bunches!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amanda - Mummy Manda25 March 2012 at 23:27

    Oh Wendy, what a fantastic haircut that shows off such a handsome young boy! Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! what a difference...he has instantly turned into a big boy! I love that first photo & I also love the last one...you would never guess it's the same boy! I love it Wendy, he's gorgeous - does he like it?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Helen! Freddy spent a little while asking us to put his hair back and make him Freddy again! But now he says he looks like Daddy and seems OK about it! It was less stressful than I thought it would be and he does look like such a big boy now, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...