Google+

Friday 2 March 2012

A Blogger's Dozen

I've been tagged by Mummy Alarm in another Q & A meme, so without further ado here are my answers to this Blogger's Dozen!




1. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'd have to pick Stairway to Heaven...it's got it all.  The slow bit, the rocky bit, the guitar solo and the anthemic finish.  It ticks all the boxes for me!

2. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done/said in public?
I've got out of my parked car, after feeding my baby with my boob fully out.  It took me a while to realise why the two male car park attendants were sniggering and pointing.

3. Do you play a musical instrument and if so what?
I've tried the guitar but apart from a poor version of Space Oddity I've never managed to get a tune out of it.  This is particularly upsetting as my husband and my 15 year old daughter are both great musicians.  But I do however kick ass at the recorder!!

4. If you could book your dream-holiday, where would you go?


I'd love to do the whole Florida thing: Disney, Epcot, Universal. Seaworld, Busch Gardens and the rest of the attractions.  I've almost booked so many times, but as we are not a standard 2 adult /2 children family it has just seemed so difficult to find a hotel room that would suit.  We looked at villas but the hire car complications with 5 kids in tow was just too much for me to cope with!  


I won a holiday to L.A. when my eldest son was 5 and Ian and I took him and our 5 year old niece.  I love theme parks and glamour and glitz, and I've always wanted to go back and do it all again with the rest of my kids.  LA is a bit too far though, the flight was torturous!  Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to bite the bullet and splash the cash and 'do' Florida!

5. What’s your most hated household chore?


Any household chore I hate...Ian does!  I am so lucky that I have a husband who happily launders, cleans floors, empties bins, scrubs toilets and washes up!  We take the teamwork approach to chores...and I get to delegate the jobs I don't like to him :)

6. What is the one thing you make sure your child/children learn/s from you?


I hope my children will learn to love themselves.  I feel that is the most important thing at the heart of their wellbeing.  Through loving themselves they will be open to loving others on an equal footing.  They will be respectful of their health and their bodies.  They will make good decisions or have the courage to admit to themselves that they have made wrong ones.  They will be happy in themselves, which is ultimately what I want for them.  It has taken me a long, long time to love myself.  I hope my children will learn by my mistakes and be the best version of themselves that they can be.

7. If you could jump into a children’s book, which one would it be?


Ooh great question.  I could go for the Narnia route or maybe Hogwarts...but no, I'm picking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I'd love to be a golden ticket winner and enter the amazing factory with Willy Wonka and see the Oompa Lumpas.  Plus all you can you eat choccie....bliss!!!

8. What’s your most annoying habit?


I talk too much.  I can chat on about nothing .  Then I start to worry that I don't let anyone else get a word in.  I'm pretty sure it annoys people!

9. What new skill would you like to learn and why?


I'd love to be able to take amazing photos.  I have a fancy Lumix Digital SLR camera but the settings just confuse me.  If I take a good picture it's generally a fluke!  I'd love to learn how to use my camera to its full capacity and capture beautiful photos on a regular basis.

10. Who would play you in a movie?


Angelina Jolie would play me.  Her angsty 'Girl Interrupted' performance would be perfect for my teenage years, and her experience of being a mum to many may help her get into the role of me latterly!  Plus we both share a love of Brad Pitt!

11. What would you like to be famous for?


I always dreamt of becoming an author whose best selling book became a Hollywood movie,  until I realised that I have no original ideas in my head!  So I'd settle for being famous as the person who had the biggest ever win on the lottery :)

12. What is the one meal that you always pull off?


My vegetarian Quorn Enchiladas or my Mushroom Pie are my two signature dishes!!


I'm not going to tag anyone else as I've recently done a similar post...but anyone who wants to roll with this, please do...consider yourself tagged!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...