After a fabulous hamper arrived from Rachel's, I was ready to get creative using their fabulous yogurt flavours as inspiration! (After sampling them first of course!!) Yogurt isn't just for eating on its own, it's also an excellent ingredient for baking.
The Pineapple, Coconut and Banana Bio Live Yogurt is a taste of sunshine to brighten up a cold, damp day. The tropical, taste explosion is like a Pina Colada in guilt free form! Simply gorgeous and the inspiration behind my Tropical Sunshine Muffins (a recipe I have personally adapted using ideas from a Muffin Recipe Book).
Tropical Sunshine Muffins
150g SR Flour
Half Teaspn Bicarb of Soda
80g Unrefined Caster Sugar
60g Melted Butter
1 Beaten Free Range Egg
5 Tablespns Rachel's Organic Pineapple, Coconut, Banana Yogurt
1 Tablespn Orange Juice
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all your wet ingredients together.
- Quickly and gently combine your wet and dry ingredients and spoon into pre-prepared muffin cases.
- Cook for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at GM5.
- Decorate with glace icing made using Icing sugar and orange juice (freshly squeezed is more flavoursome!)
- We sprinkled yellow sugar decorations on top to make them look really full of sunshine!
**Lazy Cooks Hint....if you describe your style as rustic, then you don't have to worry about uneven icing!!**
These cakes are really the lightest muffins ever with a really spongy, light texture. The tropical flavour is fruity, enhanced by the bonus of finding pieces of pineapple and coconut inside. Give them a go!!
Just because its cold outside, doesn't mean you can't enjoy the sunshine!!!
For more information on Rachel's go to rachelsorganic.co.uk.
The Pineapple, Coconut and Banana bio live yogurt is currently available from Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Ocado.