Google+

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

The Gallery....Black and White

I love Black and White photography.  It has a simplicity.  A defined contrast.  Real impact.  I love the element of nostalgia that black and white photos possess, the look of a bygone era.  But I also love how the effect can be used to create a real contemporary photograph.

I've posted lots of black and white photographs from my family archives on this blog before.  Photographs of my parents in their youth, portraits of me as a baby and photos of my dear old grandparents.  However I've decided to use this week's prompt from Tara to show a modern interpretation of black and white photography. 

For this week's entry to The Gallery I have chosen to use an image that my daughter Ella created.  She is really keen on photography and enjoys playing around with photos using editing software.  I love her creativity and think she really works the b & w look!!  It goes to show that even with all the capabilities of modern technology, sometimes the old fashioned simplicity of black and white can create something really impressive.




15 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm so fit. ;) XD HAHAHAHAHA. Black and white is so much better than colour. It just adds something beautiful. I love it. XD <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and you're beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella is very pretty- and these shots are very artistic! My sister is a similar age but a tiny bit older and also loves taking photos of herself as well. There are countless photos of her on the laptop posing and pouting! I said to my Mum I swear I didn't do the same when I was her age but she was looking through the loft the other day and found some of me and my friends doing the same! I guess teenagers never change- except mine were on film rather than digital! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reluctant Housedad17 August 2011 at 11:57

    That is such a cool, arty montage. You've got a real talent in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab montage! :o) Ella should persevere, she is talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pictures, definite talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool photo collage! Pretty girl too isn't she (just like her mum x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, and very pretty daughter, and even looks like she has a talent! I always wanted to be a girl like that!! Nat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love black and white photos, I think they make everything "pop" more. A very pretty young lady! Very talented too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! How clever, love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ella is very creative, I love her photos & videos
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ella is a beautiful girl and extremely gifted. Added to her talent at writing songs, singing and playing the guitar she now has the added genius of photography - where do her talents end I ask myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauty and creativity in your daughter, it's untrue xxx
    (sorry I've not been around much lately)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love black and white picture. This is a gorgeous collage x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...