Google+

Sunday, 12 June 2011

Mumentum...Weekly Update!!

Two weeks ago I was ready to change myself for the better.  At 6' tall I was carrying my excess weight all over, and although I'm not huge in any one dimension, I felt mannish, like an Olympic shotputter.  It didn't make me feel feminine or attractive being this shape. It was time for me to do something positive.

With the support of #Mumentum and the wonderful Sandra at Thinking Slimmer things have changed.  Last week I reported a 5 lb drop in weight.  Today I weighed myself and another 6lbs has gone from my frame...making an 11 lb weightloss in total!  It is quite drastic, but I haven't starved myself, I haven't gone without and I haven't suddenly started doing tonnes of exercise.  All I have done is listen to my Slimpods which have caused me to eat less and eat better. Simples!

Before this fortnight I'd constantly graze.  The word grazing always makes me think of a sheep nibbling at greenery...this however is not how I graze!  My grazing involved constantly snacking on chocolate, cheese, crisps, bread, cake, biscuits and generally anything I could find in my treat cupboard.  I used to justify it by saying that my mouth was bored!!  I used to think that one more wouldn't make a difference.  Then I'd eat a huge meal in the evening (then finish off the left overs from the kids' plates) and have four slices of toast and butter and jam for supper.  God, I feel ashamed actually writing this...but I feel that it is part of my healing to get these skeletons out of my closet once and for all.

Since using the 'Lose 2 Jean Sizes Slimpod' alongside the 'Chocoholic Cure' I have experienced massive changes in my eating habits.  I do not eat between meals and my portions have halved.  The strangest thing is that I have gone off chocolate bars which is unheard of.  I don't even spare them a thought anymore.  I used to eat a 200g bar of Cadbury's Wholenut in one sitting...now I have nothing.  I have breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I even have a little bowl of ice cream or a lolly for pudding, so I'm not being deprived of goodies.  I simply don't want to eat more than that.  Result.

Today, I felt confident enough to brave the clothes shops again and bought myself new skinny jeans, some tops, underwear and a dress.  It was empowering to be able to do so without thinking that there wasn't any point to me having new clothes.  I'm going to bag up all my size 16 clothes and give them to a charity shop so there is no going back. It will be so cathartic!!

I know this weight loss will slow down soon because it can't keep dropping off at this rate.  I may have to start exercising, heaven forbid!!  But the main reason for this is to get some control back, provide a positive role model to my three daughters and make them proud of me.  It's not about vanity or trying to aspire to some impossible media hyped image of a stick thin celebrity.  It isn't about me conforming to some stereotype of a self-hating woman trying to change through self-loathing and deprivation.  It is simply about doing what is right for me.  Showing my kids that gluttony is not acceptable, and is not healthy either physically or mentally.  It is about getting healthy and enjoying life.

I'll leave you with a photo of me taken today.  I'm well on my way to being the person I want to be both inside and out.  Thank you to everyone who is helping me to make it happen!


*Thought I'd better add that I am not on commission to Thinking Slimmer hehe!!  I just love it this much!!*

28 comments:

  1. Wow well done you. You look amazing. Also working brilliantly for me although I still have another 3 stone to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...so glad it is working for you too! I've got another stone to go...fingers crossed for us both :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you look super and are doing superb.
    Night night
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab! I'm inspired! How long have you been using the Slimpod now? I've only done 4 days and no weight change as yet.. plus Center Parcs tomorrow but we shall see what happens! 11 lbs is a massive loss and you look amazing :-) I shall join in with you ladies at #Mumentum when I return if I may? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using it for just over 2 weeks! Good luck while on holiday...they are testing times! Just enjoy yourself though!! We'd love to have you onboard...just give the group a tweet and link up on Mondays at newmumonline.blogspot.com Take care Lisa...look forwrad to hearing about Centre Parcs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FAB are you looking? Loving the jeans my lovely! Definitely given me food for thought so to speak and is something that I will look into as I am a huge grazer!! Completely agree with the toast - it's great anytime of the day but my hips and bottom certainly do not agree with me :OP

    Well done hun!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. jessies_online12 June 2011 at 22:50

    OMG Wendy that is amazing! There will be nothing left of you soon......I want a slim pod now!!
    I never knew you were 6' .......and you look fab in that picture.
    Well done
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic. Well done! I may have to invest in a Slimpod. I have been on their website after you last mentioned them. The 11lbs is a great spur, they have just found a new customer!
    Keep up the great work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much :) I can't believe how well it is working! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Simone. I would never have believed that listening to an MP3 would make me lose weight...but it really works!! I'm still going to enjoy my pizza and Tiramisu on Cybermuumy Eve though!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at your legs Wendy, you look amazing. I really do think I might have to buy into this slimpod idea. I was offered them last October and thought I was too busy, doh!

    Good to know you are 6ft, now I can find you at Cybermummy.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's amazing! Well done! I know Dawn (aka the Moiderer) is doing well with thinking slimmer too - whatever it is and however it works, it is working for you and her! Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that is AMAZING. Well done you. I am seriously thinking about getting the slimpod. So so pleased for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Proud of you! Looking fantastic and 11lbs in 2 weeks, what a star! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Wendy that is amazing and you look fantastic! I can't wait to be able to treat myself to some new clothes, but will have to wait a while yet.

    It sounds as if you and I did the same sort of grazing, hopefully that is now firmly in the past :)

    Hope you have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we all need one of them slimpod thingies!! Maybe they could sponsor MUMenTUm what do you think ladies??? That is amazing...well done you. You are looking very slim in that photo too...no sign of a MUM TUM anywhere. Definitely the one to beat!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done you. I'm doing Slimpod too. I love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Multiple Mummy13 June 2011 at 18:53

    Wow you look amazing! I keep hearing about these slimpods. They sound good. I don't need one for weight. I need one for chocolate. I just can't say no! You should be so proud of yourself! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done,i'm a new follower from mumentum :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You look fabulous already!!! I would love to try one of these Slimpods but I think I missed the blogger trial boat, lol. Maybe if I'm feeling flush one month I will have to treat myself...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fantastic, well done on your weight loss, I have not heard of slimpods before.

    ReplyDelete
  22. notyetayummymummy14 June 2011 at 08:43

    You look amazing, my sister and I could not believe you've had five children and have such a flat stomach! well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am seriously thinking about trying Thinking Slimmer. My blogging friend over at http://oohbaby-allthingscuteable.blogspot.com/ is also using the slimpod and is running a linky for it once a month she is reporting great results too. Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have got more willpower than me but by golly you look fabulous in the pic. Your family must be so proud of their lovely Mum.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...