Google+

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

My Backyard

This week's Gallery over at Sticky Fingers is calling for photos on the theme of My Backyard.  
This picture sprang to mind...my backyard from my childhood home.  A proper backyard with a concrete coal bunker and an battered metal dustbin (complete with extra black sack.)  The concrete floor was raw and unattractive...a proper working backyard.  I thought I looked cool though...check out the 80's leopard print scarf cum wristband!



To offset the utilitarian vision from my past I'm also posting this photo.  A little tiny Pansy is growing through the cement in my patio.  It's a little ray of hope, a splash of colour out of the grey.  My little metaphor!  I live in fear of it being stepped on!!


Check out other Backyards in The Gallery.

18 comments:

  1. You do look cool! Thats a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee check you out *wolf whistles * :)
    I like your pansy photo - so sweet. Hope it doesn't get stepped on x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a very cool photo, *how* skinny?

    We used to have a little viola like that on my drive. Until husband mistakenly got it with the weedkiller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when little flowers poke through cement and concrete - and my gosh you look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey, I remember taking that photo! My attempt at being arty contrasting your glamour with the grotty back story. You have a well moody expression - it wasn't the same day I covered you in baked beans in the name of art was it? perhaps you knew what you had in store for you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow hun... love the pics!!!!
    And the metaphor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say you do look very cool in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really look cool and I love the flower, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at you, you look sooo cool ;) @Kahanka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little pansy...that is survival of the fittest in action there! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brave little pansy. I hope it doesn't get stepped on too. You do look very cool in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swit swooooo! How cool do you look there? I wish I had some cool photos from my youth instead of Deirdre Barlow ones :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee check you out *wolf whistles * :)
    I like your pansy photo - so sweet. Hope it doesn't get stepped on x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do look cool! Thats a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog was brilliant and it was strange to see the old back yard. - your smile certainly brightened up the place and yes, you looked cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...