Google+

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

I Don't Know About You But...

Oh Mammy has a great linky over on her site where we can share our gripes and get our niggles off our chests!  So without further ado....

I don't know about you but...

...I am so over stats!!  I was poorly for a few days.  Then I spent some much needed R&R time with my family. Consequently my Klout plumetted and my Tots 100 ranking dropped.  I still don't exist on Wikio despite submitting my details three months ago.

I think it's time to stop obsessing over the numbers and just have fun. I started blogging because I wanted to blog.  Simples!  If success means neglecting my kids and being plugged into my laptop 24/7 I'd rather be a statistical failure.  I still love what I do...I just do it less obsessively.

I asked my daughters for my Mummy Stats which I think is much more important.  They gave me a score of 100%.  Now that is a stats score that really matters!

10 comments:

  1. Love it.
    I blog less since returning to work.
    I relate.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry those people that like to read your blog will always pop along to catch up on your news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a good mummy blogger and I always enjoy reading your posts.

    So sweet of your kids for giving you 100% x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I don't even register on the stat-o-meter so naturally I couldn't give a crap. If I did, I might obsess about it then. Thanks for joining in Wendy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally. Your kids sound really sweet :)

    I don't blog everyday and I don't check my stats - just who has been kind enough to comment on my posts. Sounds like you have the right balance to me xX

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your kids. I have to say I like getting comments more so than seeing that 5 people have viewed my blog. Stats do seem a bit like a popularity contest. Just keep having fun and forget about those popular kids ;-) (although to me you are one of those kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about not obssessing over stats and numbers, blogging should be fun, not a headache! And it sounds like your kids have the best measure of you anyway - be proud of those Mummy Stats!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you take the competition element out of blogging it will be more enjoyable. Sure, you need to register with these ranking sites but I would judge the quality of your blog by the comments, not some numeric formula based software.

    ReplyDelete
  9. <3 It! Was lovely to meet you the other day! And never a truer post written!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally. Your kids sound really sweet :)

    I don't blog everyday and I don't check my stats - just who has been kind enough to comment on my posts. Sounds like you have the right balance to me xX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...