Google+

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

The Gallery...Mustachioed

This week Tara has given us the prompt of moustaches to inspire our entries for this week's The Gallery!  Moustaches have played a big role in my life!  My dad sported a fine row of facial hair upon his upper lip throughout my childhood.  Check out his lovely moustache in this picture!

men with moustaches

However, the moustache was eventually shaved off as it became more white than black and stopped matching his hair.  My dad became a distinguished and clean shaven gentleman!  The first time he shaved it off I actually fell on the floor laughing.  It was such a shock to see his upper lip it induced a bout of hysteria.

men with moustaches

Over the years, my dad's head hair grew to match his facial hair.  The moustache made a welcome return to his top lip and now he has the full matching ensemble of snowy white locks and snosh!  Lovely.

men with moustaches

My husband prefers the stubbly, goatee look (thank heavens!) and wears it well.  However, back in 2010, QWERTY Mum had a murder mystery birthday party to which we were invited.  Ian was given the role of 'Luc Overlair' the hapless Gendarme from the WW2 themed  story.  Never one to forego the opportunity of doing something out of the ordinary, Ian grew his facial hair to into a shaggy beard, which prior to the party was trimmed to create a rather fetching *coughs* moustache to complete his outfit.  With his beret and truncheon, the look was complete!  I couldn't believe how ginger it was!!  haha  I hope you enjoy my OH's mo as much as I did.  *guffaws*

men with moustaches

If anyone is as old as me, you might agree that my husband bears a striking resemblance to George Roper (actor Brian Murphy) from the 70's sitcom George and Mildred!




23 comments:

  1. You're dad looks so different! Oh and on a lesser note Tala has those PJ's tonight - thanks Freddy for the recycle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...My moustache memory is flawed! My post is edited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta pics.....funny anytime my OH grows any facial hair it is always ginger!!! A good sign not to have any I think!! Coming from a redhead I can say that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fine set of hairy lips there! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - I remember George Roper! he does! he does! Does that make you Mildred?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! How fab to get into the fancy dress spirit so fully (and yes, I see the George resemblance). the hubster has similiar alarming colour issues with facial hair, it goes from bright orange to brown then grey - thank goodness he is clean shaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super set of photos! I wonder if I would let my DH grow a tache.. too prickly but good on Ian for taking the challenge up for the event! Hope you had a great anniversary BTW x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes your hubby does look like 'George' !.
    Your dad looks better with his matching moustache and hair now I think. He looks like a lovely dad to have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha, the resemblance to George is uncanny! so that makes you Mildred then.........
    ha ha ha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The main rteason why my husband won't grow a mo or a beard, is they come through ginger. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't match his blonde hair.

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Ian bears an uncanny resemblance to George Roper (in a more attractive way), As for Dad, I love him with or without a moustache but think perhaps he looks better with his facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol Mildred have you been henpecking hubby again?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loves the pics of your dad though the years. Though me and George Roper?! Can't see it myself though I will admit the old tash was a bit ginger.
    Couldn't have a snosh all the time thing itches far too much. XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I have fond childhood memories of my dad's moustache, unfortunately he's since shaved it off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely selection of pics and yes, I remember George Roper and there is a definite imposter here with your husband. Your Dad looks like a wonderful man. My Dad had to be a bit creative to get a tache for my Gallery post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you want to see my Dad's tache, pop over to http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha, the resemblance to George is uncanny! so that makes you Mildred then.........
    ha ha ha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a fine set of hairy lips there! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greta pics.....funny anytime my OH grows any facial hair it is always ginger!!! A good sign not to have any I think!! Coming from a redhead I can say that LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...