Google+

Friday, 6 May 2011

Flashback Friday...Freddy the Foetus!!

This week on Flashback Friday I thought I'd post a scan photo taken two years ago when I was pregnant with Freddy.  We made the decision to have a 4D Realtime scan and find out the sex of our baby.  We had never found out before and with this being pregnancy number 5 and our last baby, we thought we'd make our experience different and take advantage of the amazing technology available.

The private clinic was in the heart of the countryside in a converted barn.  We took our three girls with us who felt so honoured to be a part of the experience.  I fully expected my baby to be a girl.  I didn't think Ian did Y-Chromosomes!  When the sonographer announced that she had found a willy, the girls were so surprised and very excited to be having a younger brother.  Big brother Joe who was at this point 20 years old and about to move in with his girlfriend had always wanted a baby bro...and I was finally about to deliver on that request, just as he was leaving home!


Aside from finding out that I was expecting Freddy (and not Tess as I have thought!) we also got to see our little man's face.  He looked uncannily like his dad.  It was such a different experience 'knowing' who it was kicking me and moving around inside me.  I was able to bond with him as an individual, which was very different.  I'm glad I did it...but I'm also glad I didn't know with my others.  The surprise at birth is a miraculous experience too!  I've enjoyed doing it both ways.  But with  a nursery to decorate and clothes to buy, knowing he was a boy made the practicalities so much easier!!

13 comments:

  1. still think it is a bit freaky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats a brilliant scan & amazing how much it does actually look like him when he was born!
    Sometimes they freak me out but yours actually looks like a cute baby iykwim? Wish I'd had one now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Wow! Can't decide if we want to find that out yet! What an interesting experience for you all. Thanks so much for sharing it for Flashback Friday! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing pics, particularly seeing the two together. we found out that Beanie is a boy - even though he is only baby number 2 is makes things much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get a 4d scan done but seeing some since I wish I had now! Ntot because I want to know the sex it but just to get a different image of my baby.
    How amazing that your daughters saw their little brother on screen like that. What a beautiful baby he was too. Lovely flashback x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a gorgeous baby too! The 4d scan sounds like a great experience. We didn't have one with either of mine, but we did know the sex of them both. I think 'next' time we'd keep it a surprise - just got to convince hubby that there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you showed me the scan of Freddy I too was amazed just how much he resembled Ian. I am really glad you and Ian decided to have the scan to determine the sex of the baby - ever since Freddy was born he has brought so much joy and has got such a lovely nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Im so jealous I didnt get this done for any of mine - what a brilliant memeory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wanted to do this when pregnant with the girls as it was also going to be my last pregnancy but I couldn't - twins don't make good 4D scans due to too many bones, limbs etc alll over the place :(
    Your scan is gorgeous though and I love hearing the differences

    ReplyDelete
  10. never got scans as routine and you never got pics in my day,but think it is lovely you can, makes them more real before they born

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww how lovely! Such an amazingly clear scan picture of little Freddy.
    Even though Joe was moving out I know he has a great bond with Freddy as your girls do. What a lovely flashback xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a gorgeous baby too! The 4d scan sounds like a great experience. We didn't have one with either of mine, but we did know the sex of them both. I think 'next' time we'd keep it a surprise - just got to convince hubby that there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. still think it is a bit freaky xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...