Google+

Friday, 18 March 2011

Flashback Friday...like mother like daughter


Butlins

This is one of my favourite photos, taken at Butlins (probably Barry Island) in the mid '70s.  I am the little one sporting the rather fetching swimsuit and trying exceptionally hard to pose like my very gorgeous mum!

My uncomfortably sexy pose really demonstrates to me how much I wanted to be like my mum.  She has always been very comfortable in her skin.  She still poses when the camera points her way...even at 77 she knows how to work what her mama gave her!  She has real poise. There was obviously some hero-worship going on at this point, with me trying to emulate her effortless posing.  Bless little me!!


14 comments:

  1. Amazing picture, however I can't now think the words 'Barry Island' without sounding like Nessa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me in the middle ruining it - sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless little you indeed. Sweet.
    And Qwerty you are not ruining it all silly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw just look at you and Paula! It's so funny looking back at photos like this, I have photos of me around the same age trying to pose like my Mum. Lovely photo Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like your mum and now I known where you get your great young mum genes from! It's a gorgeous photo - you poser lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great photo, and a lovely post to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She doesn't look old enough to be your mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt so thrilled to read you blog - it instantly brought back memories of when I was a young Mum with my little girls by my side. Thankyou for your lovely and flattering comments it made me feel really happy and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just browsing pix of Barry Island and saw yours. In all seriousness, I thought it was a photo of three sisters of varying ages. Your mum was certainlynvery young looking. Ahh, the fun of Barry Island, haven't been there since 1988!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...