Google+

Thursday, 20 January 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful...week 3

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


Another week has flown by and here we are again looking back and finding reasons to be cheerful in our everyday lives.  Thank you again to Michelle at Mummy From the Heart for hosting and for sharing the love.  Do pop across and check out everyone elses' reasons and add you own post to the linky.  Let's really spread our cheer far and wide this week!

1:  I am really very happy to have won a PS3 thanks to Tango on Facebook!  I love comping and was delighted to see a slogan competition.  I penned a rhyming couplet and posted it on their wall and was chosen as the winner.  Almost instantly, someone commented that my entry was "shit and shouldn't have won"!  At this point a woman who I do not know leaped to my defence saying that my entry was funny and well worthy of winning.  She told the troll that his manners were terrible and that he was very rude. Bless her :)  Friends of mine and other people I don't know then searched out my winning entry and posted their support too!  So not  only am I getting a shiny new PS3, but my belief in the fact that there are mostly kind, decent, honest people out there was re-affirmed!

2:  I had a really lovely day today with my sister, my parents and a selection of our children!  We went out for a meal at Wetherspoons and even indulged in a Jam Roly Poly and custard for pudding.  Pleasure in the small things :)

3:  I've only just started reviewing but have done some work for Super Smoocher and I was so proud to see their blog entry today was about me :)  

It made me really happy to feel like the effort I'm putting in is being appreciated.  Fingers crossed that this is just the start and I can expand my little corner of cyberspace :)

So there are my three reasons for today's cheer.  ( I could have mentioned loads of other things because I'm actually feeling quite chipper today!)  I look forward to reading your reasons :)

15 comments:

  1. I want to go to Wetherspoons and indulge in a Jam Roly Poly. :(

    But I'm glad you are "chipper" today...whatever that means. :P I like it when you are happy. (: I loveee you. <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, a PS3, that is a brilliant prize, well done :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS3 for me???!! :D hehe. Just kidding... well done mum!
    Going to read that Super Smoocher thing when I finish commenting and hunt down the Tango page :P
    My exam went well today I think... only 2000 words to write tonight too haha ):
    All is good though. Staying chilled.
    Glad you are happy. Love you a million xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab week Wendy. Glad you had a nice day, enjoy the PS3 and well done on a lovely link back for your review.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh how lovely to win a PS3. I never even win a pigging bottle of wine at a cheap raffle waaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for winning the PS3! And great blog post on SuperSmoocher - well done you (visiting you from Show & Tell btw)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad so many people sprang to your defence. How rude. Congrats on your PS3! I am sure you thoroughly deserved the win!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased somebody backed you up on FB - these things are wonderful until somebody spoils our day! Well done for winning - you deserved it, Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list! Really uplifting re Facebook, and yay for Roly Poly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cheerfulness is catching... Glad you have had a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't remember the last time I had jam roly poly...dribbling now!

    Love your reasons - well done on the win x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that I like to treat myself to a Whetherspoons meal every now and then. It is the simple things in life.

    Congratulations on winning your PS3!

    Herding Cats x

    http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely week! Congratulations on your win. Love Weatherspoons puddings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, a PS3, that is a brilliant prize, well done :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased somebody backed you up on FB - these things are wonderful until somebody spoils our day! Well done for winning - you deserved it, Dxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...