Google+

Friday 7 January 2011

Inside the Wendy House...now on Facebook

Today I'm feeling positive...like I could take on the world.  Things are starting to fall into place and I'm looking at the beginning of 2011 with more enthusiasm.  There is a whole world of potential out there and I am excited about exploring it!

Ghostwritermummy has just started the Facebook Friday Meme which made me think that it was time to set up a Facebook Page to support my blog.  I have quite a few readers who read my blogs via links on my personal Facebook page, but who don't have Google accounts to follow my blog directly.  So I thought it would be a good idea to create a page where I could post my links all nice and tidy and in one place! 

Ghostwritermummy wanted us to link an early post about why we all started our blogs.  So I have copied and pasted my very first blog post from September 2010.

"I've wanted to be a "blogger" for some time.  To have a forum for my ramblings and to document this time in my life on the big old world wide web is an exciting, if not daunting prospect!  But here goes...the time is right.
I love the technology available to us mere mortals today.  The days of filling notebooks with scribbles to purge your overloaded brain is over.  We have laptops, the internet, i-phones.  Who'd've thought that at the age of 41, I'd be able to embark on a journey of self-discovery in blog form, but here I am!
As I have written in my profile I do feel that I am blessed.  The paths I have chosen to follow have turned out to the perfect route for me (although I would have questioned a few of the twists and turns along the way at the time....what was I thinking??)  I've got to this destination without the aid of so much as a Sat Nav...for that I am proud!  I have a fantastic family, both nuclear and extended, and am literally full of love for each and every one of my peeps!
So...here begins a new chapter...the Blogging Chapter!  I hope to explore things past, present and future.  My children, my vegetarianism, random happenings, films I watch, books I read, competitions I enter....the potential is enormous.  I hope I do it justice!"


Reading this back, I am amazed at how far my blogging journey has taken me.  I am honoured to have followers who aren't even blood related, and who therefore have no obligation to follow me at all!   I am hugely grateful to them all and love receiving comments!  I have had over 7000 pageviews including 56 from people in Japan (it was the Japanese snow monkey picture that did that!!)  I am competing in the Graco Ambassador Competition and enjoying the outlet for creatively documenting this time in Freddy's pushchair travelling days!  I've been fortunate enough to be involved in reviewing some fabulous products, including doing some guest Toyology reviews.  I have more reviews pending which is really exciting.  Meeting and chatting to fellow bloggers has been a wonderful bonus, and taking part in memes has opened up more doors of discovery to new blogs.  The therapeutic side of blogging about some personal parts of my life has been really liberating.  Writing things down and then releasing them into the ether of the virtual world has been immensely empowering.  This is an unexpected positive result from blogging!   Even though I've only been blogging for 4 months, I can't imagine life without it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...