Google+

Saturday 22 January 2011

Adventures with my Fat Face Georgie Hooded Gilet

When I won a Fat Face Competition on Facebook, I became the proud owner of a Georgie Hooded Gilet in English Ivy.  I agreed to review this item and put it through its paces.  I'm sure it has been tested in the great outdoors by people much sportier than myself, but how does it cope in the hands of a busy mum on a day out in the countryside with the kids tugging on the waistband and a toddler swinging off the hood?  Now that's a real test.



Fat Face describe this gilet as:

"The ultimate duck down gilet: Classic quality and gorgeous styling; our gilets are stuffed full of duck down and feathers to keep you toasty warm and looking great this winter."

It certainly is thick and warm with a soft-peached outer and metal fastening pockets.  The faux fur trim on the hood looks great.   I love the Fat Face ethos of "Life is out there!"  This gilet just screams out to be used in the big outdoors.



Today in freezing temperatures, we went to Ellesmere Lake with our children.  We enjoy heading out for a walk, feeding the ducks and geese and clambouring through the woodland.   It certainly blows away the cobwebs!


Here is my adventure with the Georgie Gilet!  
















I can confirm that this gilet was warm and cosy and the hood fitted well.  It withstood the pecking of wildfowl, the squirming of my toddler and the chill Shropshire air.  I felt really unrestricted and the gilet fitted well and looked smart.  The duck down stuffing was truly effective at keeping out the cold...even the pockets felt super warm.  The popper fastenings on the second pockets meant that phones and car keys remained secure, while hands could snuggle into the open front pockets.  However hard you play in the outdoors, this gilet would be a perfect accessory.   It looks good, it feels good, it is good.  Thank you Fat Face :)


Buy your own Georgie gilet in sizes 8 -18 with four gorgeous colour options for £65 on the Fat Face website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...