Google+

Saturday 1 January 2011

2011 Resolutions

Waking up to a whole new year of possibilities is an exciting prospect!  An opportunity to focus your thoughts, your hopes and dreams and come up with a list of pledges to yourself that if fulfilled will serve to better your life!  Ususally, I'd come up with these resolutions and let them slip within days.  This year however, things are different...my resolutions will be recorded here on my blog.  This will force me into staying true to my written word.  There will be evidence that can be sited to force me back on the straight and narrow if I rescind on my promises to myself.  I wonder, will these resolutions therefore work better than last years?!

1:  I don't drink, I don't smoke and I'm vegetarian...so there is no work to be done in those areas.  However, I am pretty greedy!  My yo-yo-ing dieting continues to be the bane of my life.  In November I started using a self-hypnosis programme from Thinking Slimmer which was initially very successful.  However, despite losing 7 lbs in the first 2 weeks and feeling pretty good about myself, the onset of Christmas over-indulgence defeated my changed mindset and I've put the weight back on :(  So, resolution number one is to resume my hypnosis and shift the weight and keep it off.  I want to lose a stone.

2: My housewifery is sometimes a bit lacking...all this social media is distracting!  So I promise to be the ultimate domestic goddess at least once a week!  I'll make sure we have at least one weekly sit down family meal with no laptops, mobile phones or TV on!  Our year will be punctuated with tasty, newly discovered vegetarian meals...I'll rekindle my joy of cooking!

3: Now Freddy is walking, we will start exploring our local area by foot!  I bought a book of family friendly walks in Cheshire.  This year I'll use it!!

4: My final promise is an easy one.  I started this blog in September and have been amazed at how quickly I have immersed myself into this virtual world.  This year, I will continue to explore the potential of this amazing media.  I look forward to seeing where this new hobby will take me in 2011!

Happy New Year and good luck with your resolutions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...